Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dilemma
Ironsfan

Dilemma

So I'm about to order my Evoque, but I have some outstanding questions still in my head.

1. Colour, love black cars, but everyone is going for white, stay different with all black?
2. Need to transport two mountain bikes. Do I go for black roof rails or just go for a bike rack on the back?
3. How much are roof rails, as not an option on the website to select in build process?
4. Love bonnet vents on coupe, why aren't they available on the 5dr Dynamic! grrr

thoughts...

Delivery 23/05: 5dr SD4 DYNAMIC - Orkney grey, black panoramic roof, style 7 wheels, ebony Int/head, PV glass, powered tailgate.
17-11-2011 12:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Dilemma

before answering any of those questions....

Get your order in for 'anything'... it will stick you in the queue at the dealers and you'll be asked to reconfirm/firm up your order later (before you drop into the holding pool) where you can change the colour, add roof rails etc.

now to your questions:
1. White is the 'signature' colour for the evoque, the black cars look very nice - but there are also a good few of them around too... different would be colima lime or mauritious blue.
2. personal choice surely, I guess you'd lose visibility with them on the back, but on the flip side, the car won't be 10ft tall Wink
3. no idea, phone the dealer or pm duckworth parts on here - he seems to have a few prices.
4. you can buy and swap over the whole bonnet if you want Wink (thread on here very recently... yesterday??!)
17-11-2011 01:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

The white if a no cost option on the pure...

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range-...cessories/

Roof Mounted Bike Carrier Part No: LR006847

Electric Seats or not? That is the question is it worth having at £900...

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2011 01:29pm by fam1x.)
17-11-2011 01:26pm
Ironsfan

The white is still a no cost option on the Dynamic, as are electric seats. As an side, I did cost up the Pure to bring it to the same spec level as the Dynamic and then added the additional extras to both and it worked out ~£1800 more for the Dynamic. Which amounts to the exterior styling differences between the models. Which for me is a price worth paying!

Delivery 23/05: 5dr SD4 DYNAMIC - Orkney grey, black panoramic roof, style 7 wheels, ebony Int/head, PV glass, powered tailgate.
17-11-2011 02:54pm
Straydox

(17-11-2011 12:59pm)Ironsfan Wrote:  So I'm about to order my Evoque, but I have some outstanding questions still in my head.

1. Colour, love black cars, but everyone is going for white, stay different with all black?
2. Need to transport two mountain bikes. Do I go for black roof rails or just go for a bike rack on the back?
3. How much are roof rails, as not an option on the website to select in build process?
4. Love bonnet vents on coupe, why aren't they available on the 5dr Dynamic! grrr

thoughts...

Personally speaking I think the styling of the individual Evoque panels is lost in the dark colours - it's radical shape is most visible in lighter colours because of the shadows that are cast - well I'm sure you know what I mean.

Some cars - the 2001 onwards Saab 95 in silver is another good example - just suit a particular colour/hue - the Evoque is such a vehicle (IMHO).
17-11-2011 04:13pm
ChuckieB

Roof rails and finishers in black (solid roof) as a dealer fit come in around the £400 mark plus vat. And then there's the bars!

Thule do bars already but it might be better to get the bespoke. As the spoiler is so deep I am staying clear of the rack!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-11-2011 09:48pm
peet

I'm having the same thoughts with regard to my bikes. I'm assuming that the roof mounts result in considerable drag when compared to a tow bar mounted option, but I havnt ordered a tow bar and Im not sure about the rear mount option.
Ho hum !

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
17-11-2011 11:13pm
Ironsfan

If you don't want to fit roof rails, I doubt you can fit a bike carrier on the back because of the spoilers, you don't have an option other than to go with a tow bar.
Personally I think a tow bar spoils the look and image of the car though, especially on a Dynamic!

18-11-2011 08:56am
J77

Black roof rails, going by the land rover website are £420 and the silver finish are £432 excluding fitting.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
18-11-2011 11:38am