Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Differences between MY12 and MY13 - software upgrades
WB
WB

Have had my new Evoque for a few days now and noticed quite a few changes / improvements so far:

Reverse Camera
1. The reverse camera comes on almost instantly when I select R.
2. The colour seems better on the reverse camera - probably a hardware upgrade but could be software too.
3. The reverse camera is now listed under "Extra Features" next to Ambient lighting and can be switched on while driving forward now!
4. While viewing the reverse cam there is now a "backup" button to take you to the menu.

Parking sensors
1. When in drive if I push the P button to switch on the front parking sensors there is a display on the central screen showing the car and the parking sensor levels.

iPhone bluetooth and cable issue FIXED!

1. On my previous MY12 car if I plugged in my iphone to play music and was also connected to bluetooth audio the music would play for a few seconds then cut out. This was caused by the bluetooth audio over-riding the "accessory" cable. This issue was acknowledged by LR and I was told they had to wait for Apple to fix it which Apple haven't. HOWEVER, in the MY13 car when I plug my iphone in I get a pop up window saying something along the lines of "An Apple device has been plugged in so Bluetooth Audio is being disabled." Lo and behold the accessory cable then works!!!

Not sure if there are hardware changes or just software but if they are software then I don't see why LR aren't offering these to everyone as they are BIG improvements in my book.

I'm sure there's more so I'll add to this post as I come across them.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 12:34pm by WB.)
01-02-2013 12:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrey1302

RE: Differences between MY12 and MY13 - software upgrades

It would be interesting to see if I'll get any of the updates when my car will go in service next week...

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
01-02-2013 12:32pm
WB
WB

(01-02-2013 12:32pm)andrey1302 Wrote:  It would be interesting to see if I'll get any of the updates when my car will go in service next week...

I'll get a photo of the version numbers so you can compare. Many of the dealers in the UK seem to onlyl want to do software updates when there is a known problem rather than for improvements/upgrades. Unfortunately they seem to be stuck in the dark ages believing that upgrading the software may introduce a new problem.

It's a bit like comparing Blackberry to Apple. If you want the new Blackberry OS you have to buy a new device you can't just upgrade it like Apple do...
01-02-2013 12:37pm
The Valeter

On driving the 13MY Freelander I have bee loaned I have noticed one or two things that wern't on my Evoque. The symbols on the display like the audio symbol seem to be highlighted, with the park sensors you get a parking alert like Audi do on the screen. On the vehicle set up menu the options you tick get highlighted in orange, my Evoque just had a tick box.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
01-02-2013 01:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jai

Wow definitely keen to get some new software updates... The iPhone thing Censored me to tears
01-02-2013 02:41pm
WB
WB

(01-02-2013 02:41pm)Jai Wrote:  Wow definitely keen to get some new software updates... The iPhone thing Censored me to tears

I thought yours was an MY13 car?
01-02-2013 03:20pm
Jai

1 day before MY13 changes!!
01-02-2013 03:28pm
slee18

my12 had the same looking display for the back camera, but i have all around cameras. Parking senors display would be a nice addition though

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
01-02-2013 08:33pm
Straydox

The graphical parking sensor display is a step forward - and yes, very Audi too.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
01-02-2013 08:42pm
jdiamond

Unfortunately they seem to have taken a few things away which I would have liked as described in the manual for use with the reversing cameras. The problem I have with the parking sensors is that you have to be very close to the object before they beep

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
02-02-2013 02:37pm