Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Detached Rubber Door Seal
Vern

Gave my Evoque some loving care and cleaned it.

Horrified to discover the rubber door seals hanging off. There is a rubber door seal glued onto the periphery of the door. The join is at the bottom of the door. On 2 of my doors one end had become detached and hanging down. In particular the offside (right hand side as in UK) front about 100mm and offside rear about 200mm. The rear one had no glue on it and I could not re attach although just enough glue left for the front to hold. But no way to get the ends to stay together so small gap and obviously a break in the seal.

My dealer is going to replace the seals, no issue. Maintains not seen this before. Although they went on to say the new ones have got stronger glue, so could this be the first time they have seen it or was the statement for my benefit.

Hope mine is a one off.

Has not detracted from the pleasure I get from driving though.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
29-08-2012 11:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Detached Rubber Door Seal

Not heard of it here before either, be interesting to see if there are any others getting this issue, A picture if you could would speak a 1000 words so others can check thiers.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-08-2012 02:07pm
Rekool

Not a one-off problem at all. I noticed it this past weekend on a road trip with my wife. We drove for a bit with the music off (for a change) and she heard a "funny sound" in the right door. Turns out it is the same door seal issue you've mentioned. It has peeled away on one side at the bottom. I pushed it back on, but also added it to a small list of minor issues I'll have fixed next week. Normally I'd be inclined to fix it myself with some good contact cement specifically made for seals, but there is a gap between the ends, as mentioned, and I'll let LR make it right.
Picked mine up July 13th, have 3200 miles already, and love it despite the minor stuff. Cool

2012 RR Evoque Dynamic Coupe, Ipanima Sand
2008 Audi TT Roadster 3.2 Q, Black Cool
29-08-2012 04:54pm
Kimv

I don't know if we're speaking about the same thing but I had an issue with a door seal on the right hand side as well. It's the black finishing around the door opening on the inside of the car. It started to detach. I brought it to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a fabrication error and ordered a new one straight away and replaced it under warranty.

Why would this be interesting to you? Because the dealer said they had the exact same problem with some of their showroom cars so they ordered a larger amount of them to replace those as well. So it seems mine was not a standalone issue.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 08:34pm by Kimv.)
29-08-2012 08:33pm
WB
WB

I can't remember who but I'm sure I read about door seal issues as one of the first issues reported so I'd be surprised if most dealers hadn't seen this
29-08-2012 09:13pm
PhilSkill

Checked mine while cleaning today, no sign of any detachment Im glad to say!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-09-2012 09:17pm
c2k

Mine came detached on one side when I picked her up. Dealer cleaned it, and reapplied glue, haven't had problem since
06-09-2012 08:31am