Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Depreciation...
jbob

Depreciation...

Sensitive topic I'm sure! I'm thinking with buying an Evoque, I've been a fan since I first saw one.

I am concerned by the number of people who seem to be moving on after owning for such a short amount of time (6-12 months).

Is this due to wanting to dodge upcoming depreciation (I assume the waiting list is shortening for new orders?), or technical reasons?

Convince me i won't regret a purchase!

Cheers,
Neil
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 10:08pm by jbob.)
20-03-2013 10:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
markwiggy

RE: Depreciation...

Posted my email Neil on my thread, will delete at 9.15

Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 door Orkney Grey Black Roof with Panoramic and Privacy Glass
20-03-2013 10:07pm
jbob

Depreciation...

Email sent :)
20-03-2013 10:08pm
speary

It would appear that most are selling in the short term because they are getting nearly what they paid. Some get another one and some move on for various reasons.
Speaking to my Dealer last week and he took a 1 year old Prestige in PX against a RRS and he gave the guy what he had paid for it new, granted there was a discount to play with on the RRS but still a great deal for the customer

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
21-03-2013 09:22am
timhum

Was it really that good a deal for the customer given that the dealer probably had at least £10k to play with in order to shift a run-out model RRS?
From reading posts on this forum it seems owners are getting 90% of their money back on a 1 year old Evoque which equates to around £4.5k depreciation. This means that dealer has shifted his RRS for £5.5k more than expected; smoke and mirrors never fail to catch the customer.
Tim
21-03-2013 04:13pm
KaDargo

Something doesn't add up - I have found several cars of the same spec (base but maybe not as many extras as mine), same age or older, same or higher mileage selling for more than mine cost originally !

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
21-03-2013 04:38pm
Teetree

Depreciation...

(21-03-2013 04:38pm)KaDargo Wrote:  Something doesn't add up - I have found several cars of the same spec (base but maybe not as many extras as mine), same age or older, same or higher mileage selling for more than mine cost originally !

Yea I've seen a few that are asking for quite a lot of Pure original price or may be even higher like u mentioned . Does that mean if we sell now we stand to make a profit?? Wow:)
21-03-2013 04:57pm
Urban Splash

I'm looking at getting rid soon....after 9 months of ownership. So far, part-ex against a new golf gti I have been offered £5k less than I paid. Not too shabby at a first go. Will get more if I can be bothered to sell private. Don't know why they are holding their value so well, there are loads around. Prices have to fall off a cliff soon, especially when this bad weather passes.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
21-03-2013 08:57pm
J77

My salesman told me now is the time to get out of white cars, the white phase is over. All the Evoques at my dealership are grey, black and a green.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-03-2013 09:10pm
MarkLondon

(21-03-2013 09:10pm)J77 Wrote:  My salesman told me now is the time to get out of white cars, the white phase is over. All the Evoques at my dealership are grey, black and a green.

Laughing Maybe they need to shift the grey, black and green ones Laughing

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
21-03-2013 09:14pm