Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delivery Delayed
mark_n

Delivery Delayed

There I was, all ready to pick up my car on Monday. Car is at the dealer, pay by debit card, dealer has the insurance certificate and V750. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing you'd think, until you remember it's a Land Rover dealer you are talking about...

It turns out LR will not release the car for sale (allow it to be registered, in effect) until the dealer has paid them for it and my dealer missed their payment run so I have to wait to the next one. In effect, the dealer has no credit worthiness at all with LR more than a few blunt pencils.

I'm reminded of that great interview with Michael Parkinson and Mohammed Ali, Parkinson says he wouldn't try to get Ali to change something and Ali says "you're not as dumb as you look".

Well, in this context, LR obviously have a greater insight into their dealers than we thought and will not allow the cars to be sold on (and title transferred) until they have been paid themselves. So, it might just be that "LR are not as dumb as they look" (not that that would be hard).

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-12-2011 03:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

RE: Delivery Delayed

oh wow so have they said how many days that will take to sort out? Surely its days and not weeks right?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
02-12-2011 03:32pm
mark_n

Last I heard, they were trying to jemmy open the coffee machine to make up the total... (joke)

A couple of days, I am told...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-12-2011 03:34pm
Lookers Park Royal

Mark, it sounds like your dealer is one of a small number that do not have a funding line in place with LR. Ordinarily when you register a vehicle, the dealership/dealer group is instantly debited for the amount of the vehicle there and then.

I hope it all gets sorted quickly for you.

James Smile
02-12-2011 04:18pm
caroline11000

OMG how bloody frustrating! I hope it is not the same story for me as mine is due next week! Hope you don't have to wait too long

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
02-12-2011 04:33pm
fam1x

Out of all the dealers in London you had to choose them, so who are they ? So dont make the mistake of going there in the future....

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
02-12-2011 04:39pm
ytshome

My dealer said the same and used this reason why it took six days to turn the car around for delivery. And that was part of a very big and well known chain.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
02-12-2011 05:01pm
Evo-king

Well thanks for the heads up Mark at least us others buying from that dealership know what to expect, perhaps they should have let you pay LR direct.

By all accounts this is not a small independent dealer they are a big chain!!

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-12-2011 05:21pm
IKM

(02-12-2011 03:34pm)mark_n Wrote:  Last I heard, they were trying to jemmy open the coffee machine to make up the total... (joke)

A couple of days, I am told...
So no coffee for you then when you eventually get to collect your car! Wishing you good luck from now.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
02-12-2011 08:37pm
ED209

Jesus, sounds like JLR dont trust the dealer. Is the dealer about to go financially belly up by anychance and JLR dont want to take a risk?
02-12-2011 09:38pm