Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delivered yesterday
Pete

RE: Delivered yesterday

From experience, LR haven't really quibbled over rework. Everything you've described should be resolved. Hope you're happy with the result when you get there.

Porsche Macan
22-11-2015 09:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Would hardly want to add to your worries, but Paint on the door seals, Finger marks everywhere, 30Km on clock, sounds like it's been to the bodyshop!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-11-2015 11:00pm
AndyFrance

It's possible you're right Phil. I'm smiling thinking that that would be the icing on the cake for me. I'm not into brand loyalty, so I've no problem waving the car goodbye if I have to. Just a pisser for this to happen after waiting 8 months for delivery. It really all depends on the dealer/JLR response, this week......I hope.

Cheers
23-11-2015 06:36am
Koidream

Another "Happy" owner. Will they ever learn it?

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
23-11-2015 08:42am
Steve D

(23-11-2015 08:42am)Koidream Wrote:  Another "Happy" owner. Will they ever learn it?

As long as us mugs keep on buying them, no!

(22-11-2015 11:00pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Would hardly want to add to your worries, but Paint on the door seals, Finger marks everywhere, 30Km on clock, sounds like it's been to the bodyshop!
That was my first thought. No way should there be overspray on the door seals. New cars are painted and then trimmed. Not trimmed and then painted.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 11:43am by Steve D.)
23-11-2015 11:42am
walterwindbag

Andy, I'm gutted for you. After all the time waiting and the expectation... to end up with a bag of sh*te fit/finish must be infuriating. You can only nail them with that list and insist (of course) that it should be fixed (I was going to say as new, but probably on reflection not the right term).
All the best
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
23-11-2015 01:23pm
AndyFrance

Thanks everyone. I've probably bored you all to tears, apologies!

If I can work out loading the pic's, I'll put them up here later. The seat finish is awful. Supplier problem, and/or nailed the sub contractor to the floor on the price.

Early, but no reply from dealer, or input from Pete yet. I'd like this resolved quickly. It's really taken the shine off the moment.

Walt, I know your Evoque will be delivered soon. I'm praying for ya mate!

Cheers

[Image: 5_zpswn4zuhib.jpg][Image: 4_zpsipaibwlc.jpg][Image: 6_zpspfz4q11o.jpg][Image: 1_zpsrk3au8t9.jpg][Image: 3_zpsqv9asqui.jpg][Image: 2_zpsjuhudmpj.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 02:25pm by AndyFrance.)
23-11-2015 01:44pm
Pete

To be fair, Pete probably only works office hours and he has a day job that probably takes precedence over any social media activities he takes part in. Hopefully you should hear something back in the next couple of days or so.

If you don't hear back from the dealer, I find that an unannounced walk-in produces results although you may have to wait a while for your salesperson to be available.

I know that plenty of people here know exactly what you're experiencing, but I suspect that most LR cars are of an acceptable standard when delivered. Don't forget that most people who join product-related forums are not "average" customers, we generally know our products and have above average expectations. The fact that you see Evoques pretty much everywhere these days says a lot for their popularity.

If I could make one change to Land Rovers' delivery procedures, it would be to make the customer's acceptance part of the performance metrics. Every sale should be followed up by a form or website satisfaction survey. No response to that would mean "acceptable", but a positive/negative response would be flagged against the salesperson concerned (things would soon change if sales people weren't consistently hitting their performance targets).

Porsche Macan
23-11-2015 02:26pm
AndyFrance

Pete,

I understand your point's, but I did say it was early. I don't expect everyone (including Pete) to jump over this. I managed to upload some photo's, but the fault's are not that noticeable in a couple of them.

Thanks for your input Pete.

Just noticed you're in Wokingham Pete.........I lived in Chertsey for many years, and I visit there once or twice a year to catch up with the gossip and beer!
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 02:35pm by AndyFrance.)
23-11-2015 02:33pm
PhilSkill

Everytime I go to the dealers I get blasted with Surveys by e-mail and phone, from the dealers, the Holding company and LR themselves!

The seat looks terrible! Definitely needs a new seat base, they shouldn't quibble over that, the glue marks on the white leather are bad too, and the finger marks are poor show, it's definitely had some work done to get in that state, looks like they've leaned on the seat while doing the work and damaged it, while holding their greasy hands on the A pillar.

I think the online customer representative has changed/moved on looking at EOC. But this needs settling with the dealer, probably get into the dealer Principal about it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-11-2015 03:24pm