Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delayed :(
Vc

Delayed :(

Now going into build tomorrow, didn't want a 'it's Friday, knock off early' car. Delivery pushed back a week too so now w/c 23rd July but still much better than the original October. Patience, patience me thinks Sad

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
05-07-2012 06:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Delayed :(

I wouldn't worry about having a Friday car. Evoques are made round the clock, how would you feel if you knew your car was painted at 3 in the morning? In any case, every car will be made across shift changes.

It goes something like this: this morning's body pressings are made into a body shell this afternoon, the car is painted overnight and goes down the line tomorrow and out the door by tea-time.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-07-2012 03:51am
ShiangHorng

I've been waiting since November yo..
06-07-2012 06:41am
Vc

(06-07-2012 03:51am)mark_n Wrote:  I wouldn't worry about having a Friday car. Evoques are made round the clock, how would you feel if you knew your car was painted at 3 in the morning? In any case, every car will be made across shift changes.

It goes something like this: this morning's body pressings are made into a body shell this afternoon, the car is painted overnight and goes down the line tomorrow and out the door by tea-time.

Thanks for the re-assurance Mark, I wasn't if they were working weekends so it is just another day at work for the talented builders Smile. Let's hope she makes it today Smile
(06-07-2012 06:41am)ShiangHorng Wrote:  I've been waiting since November yo..

Has your been built and now on the ship or still waiting for the build?

Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 06:59am by Vc.)
06-07-2012 06:58am
caroline11000

My 1st Evoque was a Friday car and lived up to the name! My second Evoque was also a Friday car and is perfect!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
06-07-2012 08:07am
Evo-king

Vc, I recommend a factory tour, very reassuring and an eye opener, you also see the subtle difference between a steel bodied car to an aluminium bodied car.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-07-2012 09:12pm
ShiangHorng

(06-07-2012 06:58am)Vc Wrote:  Thanks for the re-assurance Mark, I wasn't if they were working weekends so it is just another day at work for the talented builders Smile. Let's hope she makes it today Smile

Has your been built and now on the ship or still waiting for the build?

No idea. Everytime I call the salesperson says it's next month or the following month.Rolling Eyes
07-07-2012 05:06am
Vc

(07-07-2012 05:06am)ShiangHorng Wrote:  No idea. Everytime I call the salesperson says it's next month or the following month.Rolling Eyes

I think I would be going in to pin down the sales person for answers.

07-07-2012 08:21am