Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dealership scratched my car!
is1983

Dealership scratched my car!

My car was in at a dealership in Germany having the UK halogen headlights swapped for EU headlights.

Upon arrival I was asked to look over some paperwork on which I noticed that the Q261 campaign was listed as required, so before my car went into the servicing bay, I took some time with the service manager pointing out some trim defects and paintwork defects that I want sorting under warranty.

He mentions that the Q261 update is not required as I have an automatic.....I correct him and tell him that this update fixes more than the start stop.

I also mention the recall which...he makes a note of and says he will check.

My car goes into the servicing bay and I am told it would take about 2 hours in total.

I wait as the dealership is quite away from my home. About an hour after being there and having a look around a few RRS's I go outside for a smoke. Looking into the servicing bay I notice that my bumper is not yet dropped to fit the lights.

Thinking no more of it, I go back inside and have a few more cups of coffee.

A couple of hours later and my car is ready, I jump in and head home.

Once home, I have a closer inspection and realise due to the scratches and paint chips, that they have used the unofficial method of changing the lights (as per the powerful uk YouTube video).

I'm absolutely furious.

I've spoken with the servicing manager who said he will speak with the mechanic first think tomorrow to find out why he fitted them this way.

I will post some pictures over the weekend showing the damage as well as the other paint and trim defects.

For a new car this is shocking.
29-08-2013 07:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply