Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August!
Isotonic

Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August!

I ordered my Si4 Dynamic a couple of months ago, for a July/August delivery. The dealer called yesterday to say that the production of all petrol models has been pushed back until August, for November delivery. Asked if I wanted to to test-drive the diesel instead.

There's no mention of it here in the forums. Shenanigans? Maybe I got too good a deal and they want to give someone else my slot. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I guess I'll call LR tomorrow.

I'm pretty over the whole thing, to be honest.

Ordered Feb, 2012. Arrived March 2013: Si4 Dynamic 5dr. Firenze red, Vortex interior, black panoramic roof, style 7 wheels & adaptive dynamics (unfortunately both are options on the Australian Dynamic), tech pack, sat nav, convenience pack, surround cameras, keyless entry.
03-05-2012 02:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August!

I was at the dealers the other day and he said they were expecting a bit of a blowout on Evoque production but he didn't say why. I asked and he said not sure but just what he's heard.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
03-05-2012 03:18pm
Neo

Might be worth while asking Nick@LandRover on this Forum for some answers? Does this affect the Diesel builds?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
03-05-2012 03:26pm
Straydox

(03-05-2012 02:45pm)Isotonic Wrote:  I ordered my Si4 Dynamic a couple of months ago, for a July/August delivery. The dealer called yesterday to say that the production of all petrol models has been pushed back until August, for November delivery. Asked if I wanted to to test-drive the diesel instead.

There's no mention of it here in the forums. Shenanigans? Maybe I got too good a deal and they want to give someone else my slot. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I guess I'll call LR tomorrow.

I'm pretty over the whole thing, to be honest.

There have been rumours of a more powerful, cleaner and lower fuel consumption 1.8 Turbo engine for the Evoque and by the dates you have indicated perhaps something for the 2013 model year - maybe linked to an auto box worthy of the Evoque's 21st century design perhaps.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 03:36pm
hondafreak

(03-05-2012 03:26pm)Neo Wrote:  Might be worth while asking Nick@LandRover on this Forum for some answers? Does this affect the Diesel builds?

My Dealer told me today that i probably have to wait till end of July with my SD4 Auto. That makes 9 Months wait!Mad

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
03-05-2012 03:43pm
Isotonic

I think I'll just cancel and wait to see what next year's model brings. Wait 9 months to pick up a '12 model in November/December? No thanks.

Where does that leave me regarding my deposit?

Ordered Feb, 2012. Arrived March 2013: Si4 Dynamic 5dr. Firenze red, Vortex interior, black panoramic roof, style 7 wheels & adaptive dynamics (unfortunately both are options on the Australian Dynamic), tech pack, sat nav, convenience pack, surround cameras, keyless entry.
03-05-2012 04:13pm
The Valeter

(03-05-2012 03:18pm)chiggy Wrote:  I was at the dealers the other day and he said they were expecting a bit of a blowout on Evoque production but he didn't say why. I asked and he said not sure but just what he's heard.

What do they mean "Blowout"?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
03-05-2012 05:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hamsey

I ordered mi Si4 back in the middle of February and received a call from Barbagallo on Wednesday to advise me the same. I'd originally been told an April build with June delivery. Until I saw this post I thought that they may have been playing funny bug**ers and given my build to someone who, how can I say it diplomatically, 'had not negotiated as hard on price as I had...'

Very disappointed and now deciding what to do as I was keen on the car, but I needed to be into the new car by end of June.

Order 17/02/12: Si4 Pure, 5 Door | Indus Silver | Ebony Interior | Panoramic Roof | Electric Tailgate | 19" Style 4 Wheels | Tech Pack | Clear View Pack | Folding Mirrors.
Re-ordered 01/11/12: The silly Censored forgot to order the Panoramic Roof! Now driving around in the above for free until the new one arrives.
Arrived: 19/02/13.
04-05-2012 04:32am
Isotonic

(04-05-2012 04:32am)Hamsey Wrote:  I ordered mi Si4 back in the middle of February and received a call from Barbagallo on Wednesday to advise me the same. I'd originally been told an April build with June delivery. Until I saw this post I thought that they may have been playing funny bug**ers and given my build to someone who, how can I say it diplomatically, 'had not negotiated as hard on price as I had...'

Very disappointed and now deciding what to do as I was keen on the car, but I needed to be into the new car by end of June.

Exactly what I thought. I guess it's legit then. I want to cancel now but I put a $5k deposit down for some stupid reason. I'll have to check the wording of the contract. I've since realised I should have stipulated that the deposit is to be refundable if the car isn't delivered within agreed period.

04-05-2012 05:18am
sethor

If they can't honour their part of the contract they will have to refund the deposit. Maybe explain to them you really want the car & need something in June, you can squeeze them for an awesome deal on SD4.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 06:15am by sethor.)
04-05-2012 06:13am