Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Roof racks and rails
Bretto

Roof racks and rails

Good morning

Has anyone purchased rails and racks for there evoque?

Interested in if you went for black or silver? Was it worth the extra coin for the silver?

Also, anyone found any good after market ones?

Pure, SD4, Fuji, Pano, Tech Pack, Nav, Clear View Pack, Rear Camera
06-02-2012 01:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gead

RE: Roof racks and rails

Got the black rails on the way from Duckworth's. I should have them on next weekend.

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
06-02-2012 03:35am
Evoque U

hey gead,

were you dealing with Dan? Ive been waiting for the cost of shipping for parts from Duckworths for the last 2 months

can you PM me the price of shipping for the roof racks so I can get an idea

cheers

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
06-02-2012 06:14am
Capital

I have the rails on mine (included in deal) and have purchased latest wing style Thule cross bars.

Used them already for bikes, roof box and surfboards and I am very happy.

I went the aftermarket cross bars and feet because they sit above the rails rather than between them and give you more usable room.

Cost of Thule system about $350
10-02-2012 06:30am
chiggy

How much were the rails including postage from Duckworths?

Also, do you have a panoramic roof?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
10-02-2012 06:41am
VirtualCamper

I have seen evoque roof bars for £148 on a none land rover site selling all accessories, a site such as duckworths,

[/align]BUT has anyone already bought them and can post some pictures of them either loose or fitted only the Land Rover website images are really rubbish and I can't see how they grip the roof rails?
Thanks

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
06-03-2012 10:42pm
ChuckieB

(06-03-2012 10:42pm)VirtualCamper Wrote:  I have seen evoque roof bars for £148 on a none land rover site selling all accessories, a site such as duckworths,

[/align]BUT has anyone already bought them and can post some pictures of them either loose or fitted only the Land Rover website images are really rubbish and I can't see how they grip the roof rails?
Thanks

I'll try a grab some photos when I can. The landrover cross bars are absolutely fine but I can see some benefits of the after market bars if you want some extra width. The rails have an "indent" on the outside pretty much the whole length but the cross bars will fit in one place only as they have a locating lug which fits into a corresponding hole on the inside of the rail. The foot pack then clamps the bar. You can't fit them in the wrong place!

Got mine from Duckworths with the forum discount and they were delivered next day. Plus point.... They do come with a bag! One slides into each compartment and there is a holder for the torx type key that is used to fit them.

All in all, pretty pleased with them now I have been able to adapt my bike carriers to fit the "T" track

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 11:15pm by ChuckieB.)
06-03-2012 11:07pm