Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead battery after 10 days
Barton Evoque

RE: Dead battery after 10 days

(25-09-2012 07:35am)wavey.dave Wrote:  Pretty sure its the other way around. Deadlocking enables the interior sensors, single locking doesn't.

You are correct only use single press if someone is in the car or you have pets in there,as the ultrasonic sensors are not activated.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
25-09-2012 07:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

(25-09-2012 07:35am)wavey.dave Wrote:  Pretty sure its the other way around. Deadlocking enables the interior sensors, single locking doesn't.
You are indeed correct. apologies Smile
It does mean though, that I can't use the interior sensors as an excuse! lol

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
25-09-2012 07:56am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(24-09-2012 10:50pm)IKM Wrote:  Interesting article in the current edition of Autocar about LR and batteries:
"One of the causes of LR unreliabilty has been quiescent drain of its batteries"

(i'll need to check the dictionary for the meaning of "quiescent" though).

Quiescent (Sleep state) Drain refers to the current drawn from the battery while the car is switched off, e.g. in the locked state.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-09-2012 03:02pm
RacingSnake

well, the car has been on charge for over a day... it says its fully charged, but it won't start still.
Not only that, but it's now just given me a "smart key not found" problem.... even when holding it under the steering wheel.

I can't find my volt-meter Rolling Eyes but I suspect a dead cell in the battery Question
If thats the case... what would cause that?!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
26-09-2012 08:07am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

(26-09-2012 08:07am)RacingSnake Wrote:  well, the car has been on charge for over a day... it says its fully charged, but it won't start still.
Not only that, but it's now just given me a "smart key not found" problem.... even when holding it under the steering wheel.

I can't find my volt-meter Rolling Eyes but I suspect a dead cell in the battery Question
If thats the case... what would cause that?!

A faulty battery ? Rolling Eyes

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
26-09-2012 08:10am
Sarcastrix

(23-09-2012 09:03pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  EBD fault, Gearbox Fault, Service due, and a warning on the main screen "low battery".

I had those, whilst I was driving the car!!! Had the battery fully charged a couple of times but can't get rid of "low battery" warning. How they sort your problem.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
26-09-2012 08:13am
RacingSnake

(26-09-2012 08:10am)speary Wrote:  A faulty battery ? Rolling Eyes
So why didn't it do it sooner? I've left it for 3 weeks without use before, and in half that time it's died completely (but yes, maybe it's just compounded over time).

(26-09-2012 08:13am)Sarcastrix Wrote:  I had those, whilst I was driving the car!!! Had the battery fully charged a couple of times but can't get rid of "low battery" warning. How they sort your problem.
I'll ask, assuming I can get it started again, it's booked in at 12 noon today at the dealership.

26-09-2012 08:21am
RacingSnake

Ok,
been to dealers, they cannot (immediately) detect a drain, the battery (other than being at a very low capacity) seems 'fine'.
But they're keeping the car in overnight to see what happens in the morning.
Basically to see if a residual drain goes out overnight.

26-09-2012 03:55pm
RacingSnake

Ok, car is back.
They found no drain overnight, so they reset the "battery monitor", installed an update for the body control module, charged it back up and wished me luck Very Happy ok, no they didn't say that, but in essence that what it amounts to.
Fingers crossed this was just a random occurance.

(This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 03:09pm by RacingSnake.)
27-09-2012 03:09pm
DaveR

Re: Dead battery after 10 days

Sounds very "control-alt-delete"

Smile

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
27-09-2012 05:13pm