Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Daytime Running Lights
berlin2011

RE: Daytime Running Lights

(14-08-2011 10:11am)vinny Wrote:  do you know if the fog lights fitted to the evoque are led as well?

Quoted from the sales material

"These advanced front fog lamps are beautiful as well as practical. Discreetly set into the front bumper, their distinctive LED light-blade looks add a jewel-like presence."

So yes.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2011 10:54am by XFullFatTim.)
14-08-2011 10:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gthornton

Its usually a matter of just going into the dash menu and selecting on/off. This is the case for my Merc and our 500. When you board the channel tunnel you have to have lights off so I was under the impression DRL's should always be user configurable for these types of circumstances.

I could - and have been known in the past to be wrong though....!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2011 10:55am by Gthornton.)
14-08-2011 10:47am
griff

The law was set in 2008 and passed in 2009 with an effective date of 7 Feb 2011 with trucks and coaches coming in from 2012. The directive actually states that type approval must be refused for new cars if DRLs are not fitted by that time so manufacturers have been fitting them on new cars manufactured to coincide with the Feb cutoff point as it also applies to new cars from that date. All cars produced will have to have DRLs on from 2012 no matter what date they were type approved. I am not sure but I think the actual official launch date of the Evoque is 8th September so the DRL will be compulsory as it is a new car. However if I'm wrong I am happy to be corrected.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
14-08-2011 11:17am
defender_uk

They are compulsory apparently...and thanks goodness for that. One of the few sensible things to come from EU. Fed up of foul weather and idiots having no lights so u see them not until they are on top of you...and the same in the bright sun!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-08-2011 05:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

I'm still not clear on this. In Australia DRL's are not compulsery, but from all the Evoques i've seen, they are enabled and on.
Now,as it's been mentioned, it's a dealer enable/disable thing, so if i prefer to use DRL's on command only (and thus have the dealer disable the constant setting), then is their a DRL/Parking light switch for me to activate them on command? Thanks in advance.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 02:30am by benzina.)
14-02-2012 02:29am
PhilB

(14-02-2012 02:29am)benzina Wrote:  I'm still not clear on this. In Australia DRL's are not compulsery, but from all the Evoques i've seen, they are enabled and on.
Now,as it's been mentioned, it's a dealer enable/disable thing, so if i prefer to use DRL's on command only (and thus have the dealer disable the constant setting), then is their a DRL/Parking light switch for me to activate them on command? Thanks in advance.
Think you will have to have a chat with your dealer.
On BM's its a simple case of going into the menu and doing it.
The manual says its a dealer job so I don't know if they would do it through the main menu with some sort of code that you can get from them to re-enable the DRL's or if you would have to go back and get them to get them back on.
On Uk spec cars there is no switch to activate/de-activate the DRL's.

As an aside, there is no legal requirement to have DRL's on in the UK.
Type approval says they must be fitted but UK law has not been changed making their use compulsory.
So if you get the dealer to switch them off you will not be breaking the law.
If you want to go to Europe however, you will need them activated.

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
14-02-2012 10:48am
BFGEvoqueMan

But why would you want to switch them off, surely they make you visible to other road users (and thus increase your safetyConfusedConfused

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
14-02-2012 11:03am
benzina

(14-02-2012 10:48am)PhilB Wrote:  Think you will have to have a chat with your dealer.
On BM's its a simple case of going into the menu and doing it.
The manual says its a dealer job so I don't know if they would do it through the main menu with some sort of code that you can get from them to re-enable the DRL's or if you would have to go back and get them to get them back on.
On Uk spec cars there is no switch to activate/de-activate the DRL's.

So are the DRL's on the Evoque, also serving as the parking lights,or are their separate parking lights with an on/off switch?
If the answer to the above question is that the DRL's are the parking lights aswell, then i would have to leave them on constant working mode, as their is no cabin on/off switch for the DRL's.

BFGEvoqueMan, i prefer to have control over the DRL's and manually activate them according to conditions,and also not be in a ''Look at me!!!'' state all the time.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 12:31pm by benzina.)
14-02-2012 12:11pm
RacingSnake

by parking lights, do you mean when you park up (on the street) and you want to leave some lights on so that oncoming cars can see you?
Or do you mean coming home lights?

if the former, then it has nothing to do with the DRL's, as the function is purely to have the lamps activated whilst running at all times. For parking (in previous cars), you leave the headlamp switch on and push the indicator in the direction of which light you want to remain illuminated..... I'll need to resort to the manual again to check that on the evoque.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
14-02-2012 12:35pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

Parking lights in the old school meaning where you have secondary minor lights on the front,and lighted rear lamps,thus lighting all 4 corners. (Used mainly for as you say parking on the street side, or at dusk.

(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 01:53pm by benzina.)
14-02-2012 01:52pm