Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Damage to the aluminium centre console!!!!!!!!!
Rootsboy

RE: Damage to the aluminium centre console!!!!!!!!!

and i thought i was being so careful in the car, and to my horror i noticed about 8 small dents today. must of only happened in the last day or two as well.
been trying to work out where they came from, one i put down to a stud from a front pocket on my jeans, when i was helping with the kids seat belt in the back. the others must of been from studs on the cuffs of a jacket, will have to stop resting my arm there between gear changes.

i did like the look of the aluminum up until now, now im thinking if there is that much leather in the car, maybe this part should have been finished in it as well.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
14-01-2012 09:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

(14-01-2012 09:10pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  and i thought i was being so careful in the car, and to my horror i noticed about 8 small dents today. must of only happened in the last day or two as well.
been trying to work out where they came from, one i put down to a stud from a front pocket on my jeans, when i was helping with the kids seat belt in the back. the others must of been from studs on the cuffs of a jacket, will have to stop resting my arm there between gear changes.

i did like the look of the aluminum up until now, now im thinking if there is that much leather in the car, maybe this part should have been finished in it as well.

Not sure a leather covered centre console would wear any better - they tend to pick up nicks from watches, jewellery, even finger nails. I think wear and tear to the car's interior is going to be an issue, especially the light coloured "Oxford" leather seats.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-01-2012 07:07am
kenta

Does anyone know the part no. for the brush aluminium centre console? Are they one whole piece console? or Is it consist of many parts? I want to replace the brush aluminium on the driver side due to dent and scratch.

Also does anyone know how to remove and replace it? How easy is it?
19-03-2012 01:19pm
berlin2011

(19-03-2012 01:19pm)kenta Wrote:  Does anyone know the part no. for the brush aluminium centre console? Are they one whole piece console? or Is it consist of many parts? I want to replace the brush aluminium on the driver side due to dent and scratch.

LR025621 - LH, Satin Brushed
LR025624 - RH, Satin Brushed

for Dynamic

LR025623 - LH, Textured Aluminium
LR025627 - RH, Textured Aluminum

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
19-03-2012 01:45pm