Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Damage to the aluminium centre console!!!!!!!!!
cjfp

RE: Damage to the aluminium centre console!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see bank robbers worrying about seatblet safety Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-12-2011 12:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

I would imagine the seatbelt warning would get on there nerves. Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 01:19pm by J77.)
02-12-2011 01:19pm
cjfp

No, 'cos they would have done the 'seatbelt chime' trick in advance (in and out in under a minute stops it chiming! - or it used to)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-12-2011 02:11pm
ceebee

Careless? Certainly, but time will tell how many others experience the same problem.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
02-12-2011 08:46pm
Acwats

Noticed this on mine too.

I think the careless comment is a bit harsh.

I'd be careless if I kept opening my door on to a wall or something, but that is what you'd expect from all cars.
It would be careless because it's obviously going to cause damage.

This is the key difference here, this is the first car I've owned with this problem and it's a poor design and not been thought through.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
11-12-2011 08:52am
ceebee

Acwats, cruiser,

I feel a bit better now that others are stating that they are experiencing the same problem, I also suspect that this may be a problem that many owners are going to experience.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
11-12-2011 11:12am
Mag1c_dragon

I have clunked the console a couple of times already and the door when the seat best has pinged back too quickly for me to catch! I also struggle to fasten the seat belt over my son's car seat in the back. The bit where you put the clip in isn't high enough - I have a bruise on my shin from leaning over too much!

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
11-12-2011 04:32pm
Evo-king

Having read these posts I went onto the configurator today, and opted for the Gloss Black finisher inserts, then viewed the interior.

The image still showed a console in aluminium, so I'm guessing that is standard across all models.

If that is the case has anyone come across any aftermarket coatings?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-12-2011 10:06pm
fam1x

(01-12-2011 09:34pm)ceebee Wrote:  Has anyone else managed to dent the brushed aluminium centre console with their seatbelt clip as many times as I have!!!!!!!!!!!

I must have about 6 or 7 small dents or scratches on the drivers side of the console where I keep catching it. Bit of a pig, but I have tried to be mega careful, but the habit of swinging my seatbelt around for the past 3 years in a Kuga seems hard to stop!

Not worth doing anything about at the minute as I am sure that the damage will get worse, but I was wondering if anyone else is as stupid as me!!!!!!

Also, does anyone know if this is a simple clip or screw on part (for future replacement)?

Put so e pictures of the damage if you have any I'm curious how this could happen.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
12-12-2011 10:10pm
olde

The wife took out a chunk with her jewelry, and I make a few lines with the belt buckle. If you wear a thick coat, and buckle up while your hands are numb from cold, it is almost guaranteed you will ding the console. Given that the aluminium is so soft, I anticipate there will likely be some aftermarket finisher trims to replace all the scratched aluminium we going to be seeing.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
13-12-2011 04:30am