Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DPF Delete Evoque
graham_evoque

DPF Delete Evoque

whats this DPF delete software about? any benefits http://fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/index.php?_...ct_id=3109

SD4 Dynamic FR&RTuning Remap To 220bhp Very Happy
13-02-2012 06:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: DPF Delete Evoque

Graham, anyone would think you worked for them with all the links you post Twisted Evil

Anyhow, if you remove the DPF Matrix (like at Cat on a petrol car) the engine should be freer breathing and as the theory goes give you more power. If you remove it however, the ECU will chuck up errors as the emissions reading are out of range, so at a guess this module blocks these errors. QED.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
13-02-2012 09:09pm
BFGEvoqueMan

I am pretty sure that this is now checked as part of the MOT test, so deletion of the DPF on a vehicle where it was standard will result in a fail??

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
14-02-2012 01:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I was told that that was the same for cars with Catalytic converters. My Defender left the factory with a cat fitted in 1996, is was removed in 2003 and has passed every MOT to date, including one this morning and every time the testers comment that for it's age the car has very low emissions........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-02-2012 04:10pm
Sarcastrix

(14-02-2012 01:54pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I am pretty sure that this is now checked as part of the MOT test, so deletion of the DPF on a vehicle where it was standard will result in a fail??

Correct. Under new MOT rules effective 1/1/12 as advisories, in force from April 2012, CATALYTIC CONVERTERS / DPF missing where one is fitted as standard will fail!

It may also be illegal to run a car (which is meant to have one, Section 67 of the Road Traffic Act 198Cool without a cat so look out for Police/VOSA emissions tests. Although they tend to pick on tuned cars such EVO's.

Although, currently it's 3 years before your first MOT which could soon be changed to to the European 4-2-2 system.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
14-02-2012 05:14pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well that solves my situation then Sarcastrix, my Defender had it fitted as an optional extra in 1996. It has only been standard kit since 2008 IIRC.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-02-2012 05:48pm
graham_evoque

oh thats for clearing that up, sound interesting and beneficial for longetivity of the turbo, surely a free flow exhaust will be better. I'll wait until the summer before I seriously consider getting this done. MOT isnt really a problem there are plenty of garages who will pass it Tongue Out

SD4 Dynamic FR&RTuning Remap To 220bhp Very Happy
14-02-2012 11:20pm