Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DAB v LED
Good shot

DAB v LED

Read an article in the paper yesterday showing the LED bulbs can effect DAB signal.

We have had lousy DAB signal in our kitchen for the last couple of months. Today I replaced the LED lights back to the original Halogens and guess what - perfect DAB signal on the radio.

Just wondering if the poor DAB signal in my Evoque is due to interference from the LED courtesy lighting? Do others struggle with DAB signal?

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
30-12-2014 09:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: DAB v LED

Certainly an interesting phenomena, If you haven't retro fitted LED's I doubt that's the cause as it would be tested with factory fitted LED's, if you have retrofitted LED's change it back and see if the signal improves.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-12-2014 10:18pm
Good shot

(30-12-2014 10:18pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Certainly an interesting phenomena, If you haven't retro fitted LED's I doubt that's the cause as it would be tested with factory fitted LED's, if you have retrofitted LED's change it back and see if the signal improves.

No they are factory fitted. Assume everyone else has rock solid Evoque DAB reception then apart from the odd geographical anomaly?

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
31-12-2014 05:51pm
bee

quite happy with dab but don't use it often.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
31-12-2014 07:17pm
PhilSkill

Dab's been fine for me better than FM Radio of old, but there have been people with receiver issues needing replacement, might be worth a trip to the dealers.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
31-12-2014 08:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've never used the FM stereo on mine aleays the DAB and unlike previous Range Rovers with DAB both the Evoques have been able to hold the signal the netire length of the UK bar about 20 miles running over the Beattock Summit section of the M74, I don't have after market LED's in the cabin either, only what the factory supplies.
I will be interested to see how my 18 year old Defender's Parrott system that works fine now but I am fitting LED headlights shortly to improve on the candles Land Rover supply as OEM for Defenders.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-01-2015 01:24pm
sorcerer

DAB reception seems better than it was on my Evoque, although it does still occasionally break down near where I live.
Interesting about the LED's and reception, but my other car has LED's and DAB is fine on that.
01-01-2015 03:35pm
Kugaman1

I upgraded my reversing bulbs a few minths ago....

Ive now found that my dab signal fails whenever I reverse, so this is definitely a factor!

I wonder if it will be affected by the headlamp bulbs if I upgraded them to led??
10-01-2015 06:43pm
m_101

I've upgraded the reverse bulbs to Cree projector units, and all the interior bulbs to LEDs, with no effect at all on my DAB reception.
Like Tim, I don't use the FM radio at all.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
11-01-2015 12:35pm
PhilSkill

(10-01-2015 06:43pm)Kugaman1 Wrote:  I upgraded my reversing bulbs a few minths ago....

Ive now found that my dab signal fails whenever I reverse, so this is definitely a factor!

I wonder if it will be affected by the headlamp bulbs if I upgraded them to led??

Which LED's did you use?

11-01-2015 07:49pm