Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Currently FL2...
FL22EV

Currently FL2...

Hi. This is my first post in this forum. I currently have a Freelander 2 (SD4) and it's coming up to 5 years old and I'm thinking of replacing it with an Evoque.
I need modest off-road ability still, don't need 7 seats (ie not new Disco please), and looking for a more sophisticated cabin interior, a quieter diesel engine (is the new Ingenium quieter than the old 2.2L lump?) and a comfortable ride, but without losing the sprightly performance I've had from the FL2 2.2L.
I'm sure that many people on this forum will have made the switch from FL2 to Evoque and I'm interested in comments, guidance etc. Apologies if other posts on this forum deal with this - I haven't found my way round yet.
Thanks!
27-10-2015 05:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Currently FL2...

Hi and welcome. I made the change last Friday just before going away for it for a week. Still getting used to it at the moment but here's my initial thoughts on it so far. http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-first-...pid=108328

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 06:22pm by Steve D.)
27-10-2015 06:20pm
Pete

Yes, it'll be different to the freelander in terms of experience, the seat is going to be more of a conventional car seat feel than sitting "on" the freelander. Around car vision is also restricted a fair bit as well (as in you can't really see where the front corners are in the Evoque). All you can really do is arrange a test drive and see how you like it.

But saying that, the Evoque is a very nice drive indeed and I'm finding that I don't miss my previous FL or RR as much as I thought. And yes, it's going to be far more sophisticated and modern. I have a 2012 Evoque and used to have a 2011 FL2 HSE. In terms of interior and features, the cars are worlds apart.
27-10-2015 08:20pm
The Valeter

I came to Evoque as in my signature below in 2012, sold my second one last summer with no intention of replacing it with anything but ended up with a new run out model Freelander Metropolis in Santorini Black. Never ever thought I would buy another FL2 but I love this one, has all Evoque tech behind the scenes, Xenons/LED DRL's, Meridian 825W/CD Hard Drive etc, Reverse camera, SD4190 Auto, Easy entry seats with cream Nappa (Oxford type) leather, heated steering wheel, rear spoiler,twin sunroofs etc all as standard.

I sold my Evoque's only because I was offered good money & not because I didn't like them!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
28-10-2015 11:53am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FL22EV

Quick question for Evoque owners... Does the Evoque come with an analogue clock, or a digital clock, on the dash? Ta!
28-10-2015 02:04pm
PhilSkill

Digital on the dash and centre screen, but you can put a screen saver with an Analogue looking clock up on the Center screen (if you don't need Nav etc).

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-10-2015 03:20pm