Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coolant Level Low
LIONHEAD

Coolant Level Low

Last week I was getting Coolant Level Low on the dash and sure enough it was under the Minimum level. The car is 11 months old and 4,800 miles on the odometer and is a Si4 engine. Dealer checked and said there is no leaks but also said they've had a few Evoque owners bring their cars in with the same coolant low levels. Just seeing if anyone else has this and found the cause?
10-10-2012 06:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gaawd

RE: Coolant Level Low

I had the same problem last week. It is in the shop right now being looked into. The service person I talked to indicated that "most" evoques have had this problem and it is related to software. (Warning stays there for 30 seconds then goes away)

I did not actually check my coolent level manually so I can not indicate if the warning was thrown in error or not in my case.

I would be curious to know if others have had this, and if their coolent was infact low.

-- If yours was truly low when the check coolent warning came on, I am now concerned about mine.

5dr Dynamic/ Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof/ Firenze Red,Ebony Interior/ Black headlining / Led interior & boot / Led Reverse / Black front and rear lettering / OEM roof rails
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 07:32pm by gaawd.)
10-10-2012 07:32pm
LIONHEAD

The warning light would go on the first time I start the car. Afterwards it would not come back on until the engine was cold again. I did buy some Texaco XLC coolant at the dealer and topped it off at Max. Ever since topping it off, the warning light has not come on. My 1 year free maintenance is next month and so the dealer is going to check again during that time.

This was the warning light I was getting when the engine was still cold (not normal operating temp).
[Image: ed1.jpg]
10-10-2012 08:03pm
chiggy

My car has just had this (literally an hour ago) and it's just absolutely shat itself.

The air conditioning doesn't stop even when the car is off, the interior of the car is now like a sauna (after driving 15 kms approximately after the warning sign came up). The touchscreen media buttons have stopped working and all the air conditioning dials, volume dials - none of them work anymore.

Just parked the car in the garage, left all the windows open so hopefully the car can cool down and its going straight into the service department tomorrow to get it sorted out. only had the car 4 months.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
31-10-2012 03:11pm
The Valeter

How odd I turn the PC on & read this as my Si4 said exactly the same just now when I went out!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
31-10-2012 03:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

It appears to now be a known issue (from Topix)

SSM59917 - Evoque 2.0L GTDi, Continual Unexplained Low coolant Issues

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-11-2012 04:22pm
EVO PUNDITT

Mine did the same thing yesterday and is due for a service next month, I topped it up with a bit of water and sign is gone

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
04-11-2012 04:33pm
chiggy

yeah I spoke to LR Roadside Assist cause my battery died after the air conditioner stayed on to cool the car down (inside of the car). Apparently they don't recommend anyone to top up their coolant without consulting the dealership/service centre cause it could cause clogging (not sure how much of this is true but... i'm happy to play it safe).

LR Roadside Assist even refused to do it and said only dealers are authorised to do it.

Anyhow, my whole car just stopped working cause the battery was drained. Took out the fuse for the air conditioning so can drive it a little bit without worrying about over heating - going in tomorrow to get it topped up and check for any leaks or anything.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
05-11-2012 06:33am
The Valeter

(05-11-2012 06:33am)chiggy Wrote:  yeah I spoke to LR Roadside Assist cause my battery died after the air conditioner stayed on to cool the car down (inside of the car). Apparently they don't recommend anyone to top up their coolant without consulting the dealership/service centre cause it could cause clogging (not sure how much of this is true but... i'm happy to play it safe).

LR Roadside Assist even refused to do it and said only dealers are authorised to do it.

Anyhow, my whole car just stopped working cause the battery was drained. Took out the fuse for the air conditioning so can drive it a little bit without worrying about over heating - going in tomorrow to get it topped up and check for any leaks or anything.

I rang my dealer because I couldn't work out how to get the cap off & they just said to top up with distilled water or the pink fluid.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
05-11-2012 04:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigwheels

Exact same thing happening to me. Made a service appointment (two weeks from now) at dealership. Will update my findings then.

(10-10-2012 08:03pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  The warning light would go on the first time I start the car. Afterwards it would not come back on until the engine was cold again. I did buy some Texaco XLC coolant at the dealer and topped it off at Max. Ever since topping it off, the warning light has not come on. My 1 year free maintenance is next month and so the dealer is going to check again during that time.

This was the warning light I was getting when the engine was still cold (not normal operating temp).
[Image: ed1.jpg]
15-11-2012 04:24pm