Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Convert from BMW
steviej

Convert from BMW

After 12 years driving 5 series and 3 series I have just jumped ship to order an Evoque. Test drove the Audi Q3 and then the Evoque - no comparison. Had the Audi for two days - yawn - had the the Evoque for 2 hours and loved it

Prestige SD4 Auto
Santorini Black
Vibe Interior
Panoramic roof
Keyless entry
Power tailgate
Solar glass
Spare wheel

very excited!

I know it is a long wait but when can I expect delivery????
11-04-2012 01:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Convert from BMW

Welcome aboard, you won't be disappointed

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
11-04-2012 06:10pm
xxxx5

I have had 12 years of BMW, I think you will miss the build quality, but everything else you will be pleased with.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
11-04-2012 08:11pm
smayo

2hrs! My dealer let me drive "a set route" max 40mph for 10mins Sad and I still loved it Very Happy

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
11-04-2012 08:59pm
caroline11000

Great steviej you won't be disappointed! Downside is I think you could have at least a 6 month wait depending on which dealers you go through. Ask them what their estimated delivery times are, some people on here seem to be waiting for ages and others don't. Good luck!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
12-04-2012 08:26am
Craig_d1

Definitely phone around a few dealers as the wait times can vary depending on where you order
12-04-2012 09:12am
CSJ

Hi, welcome, hope your wait is not to long. There can be a big difference in waiting time even for dealers who are quite close to each other, it really depends on the number of cars allocated to them versus the orders they have.

If you dont fancy the wait there are a lot of ex demonstrators about now which would save you a few quid and they have probably been treated ok, understand if you want a new car tho

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
12-04-2012 10:19am
jitenc

Cool. A word of advise... i am coming from 8 yrs of driving a sports Bimmer 3 series. I miss the road handling of the BM, and the quick pick up of the petrol engine.
Hence, i went for a Dynamic, not so much in terms of engine output, but for the sportier looks.
the Prestige would have a softer ride without the AD mode, so i would suggest test driving one with the AD.
Also, driving around London would top you up 28mpg with SD4 Auto. I would also suggest testing a petrol version which would somewhat give less mpg, but a quick getaway at the lights.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
12-04-2012 12:21pm
steviej

Messages on various Evoque forums seem to suggest that production and deliveries are picking up. Anyway my dealer advises that he expects delivery in September and that he is not aware of any delays. That fits in just fine with my timetable - but if it did come a little early ....Smile

Just need to decide if Black is really what I want. Def not white as that seems to be all I see at the moment
18-04-2012 04:44pm
Evoquative

I too am a convert from a BMW. Will miss the frugality of my 330d and the road handling round corners... but nothing can beat the look of the Evoque - i just hope I will get used to the feel of the car!

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
21-04-2012 07:14pm