Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Contrast Roof - Body Wrapping?!!
M30 EVO

Contrast Roof - Body Wrapping?!!

Ok, so I've ordered an Orkney Grey Dynamic coupe with panoramic roof.

One of the items which I struggled to decide on was the roof colour.

Quite liked the black contrast roof, however at £500 for a bit of black paint round the edges this seemed rather extortionate!!

Anybody here had any experience of body wrapping?

Just wondered whether or not it would be feasible to have the 'outer' parts of the roof 'wrapped' in black?

Any ideas of where to get it done, costs etc.?

Cheers, Chris.

On order: Dynamic SD4 Manual Coupe, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Int, Ebony Headlining.

Delivery: Was 25/11/11, Currently 28/12/11..............
02-08-2011 08:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Contrast Roof - Body Wrapping?!!

Search in Google, there are quite a few companies now in the UK that do wraps.Here's one I googled http://www.totally-dynamic.co.uk/
Anybody for a chrome/mirror finished Evoque?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 09:38am by XFullFatTim.)
02-08-2011 09:32am
DDX

Its very feasable and with such demand, the quality of wraps has improved dramatically. I highly recommend a chap called Yianni (google yiannimize). He does the wraps and other mods for a lot of footballers and celebs. I know him personally and he's a really good guy.

I'm considering a black gloss wrap on the parts behind and in front of the pano roof but retaining the outer edges in white. It creates the effect that the windscreen and roof are one piece. If you've seen an Eclass coupe in white with pano roof you'll know what I mean. It looks stunning.
02-08-2011 09:35am
x5pea

I've got a bit experience in wraps but to be honest for the roof unless you plan to put it back to std Id just get it painted yourself
02-08-2011 09:41am
evoqueboy

I was considering getting the car wrapped in red when Firenze wasn't available but don't need to now as it is.
02-08-2011 09:42am
M30 EVO

(02-08-2011 09:41am)x5pea Wrote:  I've got a bit experience in wraps but to be honest for the roof unless you plan to put it back to std Id just get it painted yourself

I'm hoping that I'll be happy with it just in grey, ie. no contrast roof. Just requested an estimate from a wrappping company.... will see what they come back with. If not, having it sprayed may be another other option. Any idea of costs? Surely got to be cheaper than land rovers £500?!!

On order: Dynamic SD4 Manual Coupe, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Int, Ebony Headlining.

Delivery: Was 25/11/11, Currently 28/12/11..............
02-08-2011 10:05am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The great thing with the wrap is that if you get bored with it or think it isn't right you can just rip it off and wasting a couple of hundred notes ......... spraying is a bit permanent! In my link above I see that that company has an outlet not far from me, might take a run down there to see if they can do me a Cosworth Blue quote! http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/260827...worth.html

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 10:19am by XFullFatTim.)
02-08-2011 10:17am