Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic ordered yesterday
Tony

Dynamic ordered yesterday

After weeks of comparing specs and hoovering between Dynamic/Prestige we have at last ordered a Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 door in Indus Silver with Velocity Ebony Oxford Seats, pano roof and spare wheel.

Drove the dynamic for the first time yesterday and the trick suspension sold it for us over the Prestige, truly amazing. We thought the Dynamic dash looked a bit plastic (probably because it is) compared to the Prestige and the wife was not happy with the Dynamic passengers seat being a bit low. So in a crazy moment we speced up to the Velocity interior, have not driven an Evoque with those seats but the one in the show room looked and felt really special.

Factory complete date is 23/12/11 delivery scheduled 12/01/12 although I expect this to slip a little - counting the days, this is one very special car!

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
30-09-2011 01:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
simonc

RE: Dynamic ordered yesterday

Nice - it does all get rather more exciting when the order is actually placed!

Were you not tempted to stick with the Prestige for its interior and add Adaptive Dynamics suspension as an option? It would be cheaper than adding Dynamic Plus to a Dynamic, even if you throw in an upgrade to 20" wheels for the Prestige on top of the Adaptive Dynamics (£41,750 vs £43,450 for the spec you have indicated).

I'm going with the Dynamic as I'm happy enough with the basic Dynamic interior and much prefer its exterior compared to the Prestige (plus I'm probably going for the Si4).

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
30-09-2011 01:14pm
Tony

Yes, did consider that option but we liked the look of the Dynamic (externally) over the Prestige, it looks cleaner and more dramatic IMHO. As many have said Dynamic exterior and Prestige interior would make the ideal combo.

The other factor, this was a dealers allocated December build slot as an SD4 Auto Dynamic, we could change colour and options only hence the Jan delivery - hopefully. If we had ordered a Prestige plus AD we would be looking at March/April as their Presige allocation had gone for December build.

Our nearest LR Dealer is 125 miles away so that reduces our options unless we wanted to travel!

Tony
(30-09-2011 01:14pm)simonc Wrote:  I'm going with the Dynamic as I'm happy enough with the basic Dynamic interior and much prefer its exterior compared to the Prestige (plus I'm probably going for the Si4).

We drove the Si4, that is some engine! but as its a private sale i.e. I pay for the fuel, the running costs get expensive. We are paying 10 to 15 pence extra per litre on petrol and diesel up here and the journeys are long.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 01:33pm by Tony.)
30-09-2011 01:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Tony, IoS = Isle of Skye?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-09-2011 03:49pm
Tony

(30-09-2011 03:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tony, IoS = Isle of Skye?

Tim, Yes, moved up from the Midlands just over two years ago when Gordon Brown forced me to retire early Twisted Evil

Tony

30-09-2011 04:17pm
DynamicRRV

Well done Tony,Dynamic...good choice.
30-09-2011 04:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Tony, not many will be aware of this but you probably have some of the best Evoque driving roads in the UK up there once all the tourists have been driven away by the midges. Congratulations on the order too, you will love the car on 20's and Magneride.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-09-2011 06:11pm