Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Collected My Barolo Baby "Bertie" Today. PICTURES ADDED.
The Valeter

Collected My Barolo Baby "Bertie" Today. PICTURES ADDED.

Well all I can say is we love him. I was initially a little sceptical trading from a Dynamic Lux to a Pure Tech but with the additions I have done I have no regrets now. That's not saying I disliked the Dynamic at all!
Bertie the Barolo is a Pure Tech SD4 Manual - Cirrus Interior with the following Factory options :-
Tech Pack,
Signature Xenons,
Fog Lamps,
Powerfold/Puddle Lamp Mirrors,
Rear Camera,
Auto Dim Mirror,
Privacy Glass,
Panoramic Roof,
825W Meridian Audio.

Standard Dealer Options :-
Brushed Alluminium Roof Rails.

Option Fitted Myself At Dealer :-
Dynamic Black Front Grill.

Bespoke Additions/Modifications :-
Custom Firenze Red painted additions to Front & Rear Bumper Bull Bar Style Finishers / Wing Vents & Tailgate Finisher. Sump & rear lower bumper gaurds colour coded in Barolo along with the lower door trim insert finishers.
Standard Pure Alluminium dash insert trim finisher replaced with the Dynamic Gloss Black Strata.

Other Additions Supplied By Myself From Ebay That Dealer Kindly Fitted FOC :-
Swapped over the 18" Pure wheels with my 20" Style 7 then delivered the others home to me FOC.
Fitted Chrome Side Tubes,
Fitted Mud Flap Set.
Dynamic Sports Pedal Set.

I must say a massive thanks to Harwoods Of Edenbridge, Kent for really looking after me with this car, they have been 110%.
They had allready offered me a good PX over book but then I sold it privately so they then gave me £1500 discount as a gesture.
They loaned me FOC a 62 Plate Freelander SD4 Auto HSE for 5 weeks while I waited for Bertie which I took to Liverpool to see Bertie's birth & they paid for my family to go on the factory tour. They fitted my roof rails free & gave me 50% discount on the rails too (this was commision for recomending a customer to them).
They agreed to sort that dash trim for me considering I said to them I wanted it no matter what & added that I would only pay the £200 upgrade cost that it would be on a Dynamic & not a penny more!
Then the above items I supplied all fitted.
Then the fact that I requested all the custom paintwork & that had to be planned & sorted. The bodyshop was about 12 miles away for which the car was collected on a low loader & then trailered back.

Only one issue & that was the driver of the low loader who put my car on it didn't have the common sense to put a mat on my carpet & put mud etc on the floor for which I was irritated to say the least.
I pointed this out to the sales manager on Thursday when I was there who was looking at it with the parts manager & I joked - that's got to be worth a set of Premium Mats? He said to the Parts Manager - Order Andy a set of Premium mats.
Oh & I got a full tank of fuel too.
I am a very happy bunny indeed & would thoroughly recomend Harwoods Group!

I will add photos tomorrow. I personally think the car looks stunning. Always a bit of a worry when you get an idea in your head about doing custom paintwork & wondering how it will look!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 06:38pm by The Valeter.)
02-03-2013 10:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kojak

RE: Collected My Barolo Baby "Bertie" Today.

C'mon then, now you have him at home lets see more pics of Bertie Very Happy

Ahh...just read your last sentence...thats good.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 10:41pm by Kojak.)
02-03-2013 10:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnM

Congratulations looks like the dealer went the extra mile for you, can't Waite to see pictures Thumbs Up
02-03-2013 10:53pm
muff

Collected My Barolo Baby "Bertie" Today.

Sounds great Andy and enjoy.
I did similar bespoke paintwork to mine and posted pictures on here such was my enthusiasm. What did I get? Abuse. It was offensive. And the reason I rarely comment on here. I hope you don't experience this. Enjoy your new car.
02-03-2013 10:54pm
JohnM

(02-03-2013 10:54pm)muff Wrote:  Sounds great Andy and enjoy.
I did similar bespoke paintwork to mine and posted pictures on here such was my enthusiasm. What did I get? Abuse. It was offensive. And the reason I rarely comment on here. I hope you don't experience this. Enjoy your new car.

Sorry you had trouble some people just lack imagination that's why grey is so popular Thumbs UpThumbs Up
02-03-2013 11:00pm
The Valeter

(02-03-2013 10:54pm)muff Wrote:  Sounds great Andy and enjoy.

That is sad. At the end of the day you buy a car & do to it to suit yourself, sod what others think though it is allways nice if they like but if they don't so be it, you & in this case me have to live with it!
I remember back in 1985 when I was ordering a newly launched Austin Metro VandenPlas 5 Door I said to the salesman that I liked the 5 door as it helps rear seat passengers. His reply was "Do you buy a car to suit other people or yourself?"

Everyone who saw the car at the dealer commented on how nice it looks.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 11:37pm by The Valeter.)
02-03-2013 11:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mickydd

Pleased it all went well for you Andy.
Looking forward to the pics.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
02-03-2013 11:47pm
The Valeter

Got one picture today of me being handed the keys (well fob nowdays). Only shows the front end but it's a start!
[Image: P3024016_zps230db089.jpg]

03-03-2013 12:04am
JohnM

Looking good, we have also ordered Barolo Black and are desperate for some decent pics of the car in sun light, looking forward to your pics.Very Happy
03-03-2013 12:15am
Evo-king

You can do what you want with your own car, the problems can come when it is time to sell on though.

As it may appear to personal a choice.

Surely the wing mirrors have been done as well?

That said, we have Revere, Khan and Overfinch to name but a few, they do they stuff and their car sell.

Each to their own.

Enjoy Andy.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 10:50am by Evo-king.)
03-03-2013 10:49am