Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mirrors
Evogirl

Mirrors

I have had my car for exactly 2 weeks today and I love it, just going out and about puts a huge smile on my face. But and this is a huge but, the wing mirrors are a constant source of irritation, as I find them downright dangerous. I am only 5ft 2" so have my seat pretty high but even on the high setting I cannot see over the mirrors when going round a roundabout, they just seem far too big for the size of the car stupidly so IMO.

I cannot understand why the car has such huge wing mirrors on when similar sized vehicles seem to manage without it's the only thing I can find to gripe about in an otherwise perfect car for me.
20-03-2013 04:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Mirrors

I think when the car was designed there was concern about vision to the rear -- blind spots. The mirrors were thought to remedy this. For me they work. But the seats should have a higher adjustment.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
20-03-2013 04:32pm
griff

Apparently the wing mirror size is an EU thing based on the width of the car.
Sounds dumb to me!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
20-03-2013 05:09pm
Donny Dog

(20-03-2013 05:09pm)griff Wrote:  Apparently the wing mirror size is an EU thing based on the width of the car.
Sounds dumb to me!

But the face-lifted 2014 version seems to have smaller mirrors.
20-03-2013 05:23pm
griff

Mirrors

That would be a great improvement
20-03-2013 05:25pm
Tulabb

(20-03-2013 04:09pm)Evogirl Wrote:  I have had my car for exactly 2 weeks today and I love it, just going out and about puts a huge smile on my face. But and this is a huge but, the wing mirrors are a constant source of irritation, as I find them downright dangerous. I am only 5ft 2" so have my seat pretty high but even on the high setting I cannot see over the mirrors when going round a roundabout, they just seem far too big for the size of the car stupidly so IMO.

I cannot understand why the car has such huge wing mirrors on when similar sized vehicles seem to manage without it's the only thing I can find to gripe about in an otherwise perfect car for me.

Iam the same height and have the same problem but u get use to it and u learn to move your head a bit to check its clear before turning etc...

Apart from that the mirrors are really good...esp for over taking it give u a really good view.
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 06:07pm by Tulabb.)
20-03-2013 06:06pm
SINGHY

Initially the size of the mirrors is an irritation but you find that after a while you adapt to them.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
20-03-2013 07:10pm
Evogirl

Lets hope I learn to adapt lol
20-03-2013 08:05pm
jitenc

Sit on a cushion??? I hate the seats as well... And the big ears... Pity I also walk around with them ! !!!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
20-03-2013 10:51pm