Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cold Climate Pack - Any feedback ?
SEC

Cold Climate Pack - Any feedback ?

Hi, I'm a soon to be new owner ( 20 October is the latest estimate for delivery into Sydney) and I am well and truly excited about the arrival of the car and have been pleased to read many of the posts, if not a little concerned at some of the stories of defects found in some vehicles.
I have a question on the cold climate pack which I ordered - specifically around people's experiences with the heated steering wheel. My current car has heated seats which only get used on the coldest of winter mornings. How warm will the SW get and how is it regulated and controlled ? Is it independant of the seat heating controls ? Thanks in advance. Rolling Eyes

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
25-07-2012 03:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Cold Climate Pack - Any feedback ?

I'm sure Tim will answer this one for you, as he's the biggest heated SW fan out there Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
25-07-2012 08:35am
cjfp

(25-07-2012 08:35am)doug Wrote:  I'm sure Tim will answer this one for you, as he's the biggest heated SW fan out there Very Happy

He even had one fitted to the ship! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-07-2012 09:11am
Capital

HSW = Best thing ever

I use it every morning in winter ( southern NSW)

Perfect temp

Don't know how I did without it for so long Smile
25-07-2012 11:14pm
MPK

Have to agree.... its very nice on cold morning and evenings!

It operates independent of the heated seats with the control on the steering wheel. It operates at the one temp and its just right.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
27-07-2012 08:50am
SEC

(27-07-2012 08:50am)MPK Wrote:  Have to agree.... its very nice on cold morning and evenings!

It operates independent of the heated seats with the control on the steering wheel. It operates at the one temp and its just right.

Thanks to everyone who responded, makes much more sense now.
Got the great news from my dealer that my vehicle was scheduled for build commencement yesterday.
I hope that it goes smoothly and arrives here earlier than currently promised !

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
27-07-2012 09:19am