Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing spec will it delay or bring forward my date?
vinny

RE: Changing spec will it delay or bring forward my date?

(19-09-2011 09:24am)vision*R Wrote:  A Pure + lots of options is still a Pure. A Prestige with the same equipment will have a better sales value after a few years.
And indeed you will never get the Prestige interior quality even in a loaded Pure.

OK,from my sign at the bottom of this post you can see the spec of my car.
The total cost is £35,700.
You tell me the total cost of your prestige and what you are getting for that extra cash,maybe I have missed something major but cant think of what.
Are there any external differences apart from the silver vents and fenders?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
19-09-2011 09:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

Does the UK Pure gets you passenger seat height adjustment? My GF can't see a thing without it and I think this is a global spec problem. It may be a stupid thing for most of you, but not everyone has the same requirements you know.

Also, in my country at least, Oxford leather, premium mats, MagneRide, adaptive Xenons, high beam assist, surround camera's, 825W sound and 20" wheels are simply impossible on a Pure. A few of these things were on my list so I had to go for a Prestige.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 09:58am by vision*R.)
19-09-2011 09:52am
andyuk

That's why I am changing from a high specced Pure to a Dynamic I love the why the dynamic looks & think that spending over £3k on extras on the Pure is probably not they way to go.

But can we get back to my original question onthis post rather than argue about whether the Prestige is worth the extra outlay over the Pure

Thanks

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 03:50pm by andyuk.)
19-09-2011 03:47pm
nishandf

I like you Andy have changed my order from a Pure to a Dynamic because I so much like the sportier look of the dynamic. I have justified the extra outlay over the Pure, as all the extras you get are fantastic and will be will be used in day to day driving.
A wise old owl once told me if you spec a basic car to the top of the range equivalent you will never get that back come re-sale time. So it is definitely worth paying the extra for the Prestige than spending thousands on a Pure.
19-09-2011 05:49pm
Wicksy

(19-09-2011 05:49pm)nishandf Wrote:  I like you Andy have changed my order from a Pure to a Dynamic because I so much like the sportier look of the dynamic. I have justified the extra outlay over the Pure, as all the extras you get are fantastic and will be will be used in day to day driving.
A wise old owl once told me if you spec a basic car to the top of the range equivalent you will never get that back come re-sale time. So it is definitely worth paying the extra for the Prestige than spending thousands on a Pure.
Amazing how changing the colour of bits of trim can change people's perception - what exactly makes the Dynamic "look sportier" apart from the wheels which can be specced on the Pure anyway?
19-09-2011 06:20pm
nishandf

This is the art of a good design team that LR now has.
It is not just the colour that differentiates the Dynamic externally but whole front and rear bumpers and side sills are completely different. I know many people are ordering these parts for retro fits for Pure's and Prestige's to get this look.
19-09-2011 06:29pm
vinny

Because the dynamic doesnt have the plastic sills along the bottom of the doors it looks lower to the ground and therefore sportier.This puts it head and shoulders above the pure and prestige looks wise where the pure and prestige look almost identical externally.
Can somebody answer my earlier comment about price/spec between them?(pure and prestige)

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
19-09-2011 06:47pm
berlin2011

(19-09-2011 06:47pm)vinny Wrote:  Can somebody answer my earlier comment about price/spec between them?(pure and prestige)

Surely you do not want to revive the past xxx threads on thus topic again...

You ordered a nice car, you saved yourself a few quid relative to other specs, just let it be and enjoy it.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
19-09-2011 06:57pm
andyuk

Just to update everyone regarding the original post on this thread. I went to my dealership today & requested my order to be changed from a Pure to a Dynamic. it was a nervous few seconds when my sales guy hit confirm to see what the computer would do to my order date!

Luckily it was moved forward from Jan 12th 2012 to Dec 31st 2011 so very happy!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
20-09-2011 05:49pm
griff

A happy new year to you then Wink

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
20-09-2011 06:30pm