Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing Evoque Interior Bulbs To LED
mstraka

I know all this information has been posted in various threads but I thought I would be helpful to have it summarized here on one post. Please note that if the T10 bulb doesn't work, reverse it in the socket. Check this before putting everything back together.

CONSOLE DOME LIGHT: Requires three LED bulbs (W5W T10 501.) I used the type that has 5 LEDs. Instructional video My lens was very tight fitting against the support frame. I used a narrow 1" putty knife blade to slip between the lens and frame. It took a little force to slide between the two. Once in place prying the lens away was easy. Everything was too tight to use a plastic blade such as a credit card. You need small fingers to get a grip to pull out the factory bulbs and they can be very hot if lit for a while. To pull them out I used a claw foot tool for reaching into small places to retrieve drooped nuts and bolts. Someone else has suggested a rubber tube/hose to slip over the bulb.

REAR SIDE DOME LIGHTS: Each one requires one LED bulb (W5W T10 501.) This instructional video says it all

FOOTWELL LIGHTS: One light each side. Very simple removal procedure. Requires a total of two LED bulbs (W5W T10 501.) Caution,these bulbs will be very hot as the door will be open and as a result they will be lit. Pull straight out.

TRUNK / BOOT LIGHT: One light. Very simple removal procedure. Requires one festoon bulb, 16 LED type, 36-37 mm long.

TOTAL BULBS USED FOR CONVERSION:
Seven (W5W T10 501)
One (festoon bulb, 16 LED type, 36-37 mm long)

MY COST FOR BULB CONVERSION: $13.00 total, free shipping, from two sellers. Bulbs purchased on ebay. A kit for the Evoque (also on ebay) with only 5 T-10 bulbs and one festoon bulb costs $85.00.
10-05-2014 03:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Changing Evoque Interior Bulbs To LED

The overhead console is now a different design with LED's in it, for some odd reason best known to Land Rover, rest of the lights in the cabin are the old fashioned dim 1 candlepower type lamps
This is the latest design - they are still touch sensitive and there are still three down lighters , just that they are now LED's
[Image: DSCF1121_zps563ee5c3.jpg]

The two drop-down covers are for the Incontrol Remote system to alert the emergency services / Land Rover monitoring service in event of a crash or breakdown. Cars without the Whitefire wireless headphone system have a sunglasses box where the large shiny area is. FYI I don't have nasty marks on the Tan seats, those marks are greasy fingerprints on the Whitefire TX cover from where I have been pressing it to stop the never-ending rattle from it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 07:26am by XFullFatTim.)
10-05-2014 03:53pm
Mark^^

I recently changed mine to blue LEDS:

[Image: DSC00970_zps9b7298e4.jpg]

[Image: DSC00969_zps3a795e64.jpg]

[Image: DSC00972_zpsa64fedc3.jpg]

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
11-05-2014 03:14am
ohevoque

(10-05-2014 03:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The overhead console is now a different design with LED's in it, for some odd reason best known to Land Rover, rest of the lights in the cabin are the old fashioned dim 1 candlepower type lamps
This is the latest design - they are still touch sensitive and there are still three down lighters , just that they are now LED's
[Image: DSCF1121_zps563ee5c3.jpg]

The two drop-down covers are for the Incontrol Remote system to alert the emergency services / Land Rover monitoring service in event of a crash or breakdown. Cars without the Whitefire wireless headphone system have a sunglasses box where the large shiny area is. FYI I don't have nasty marks on the Tan seats, those marks are greasy fingerprints on the Whitefire TX cover from where I have been pressing it to stop the never-ending rattle from it!
How do you open counsel dome light on new style lights to change bulbs?
13-11-2014 10:17pm
huanvanhuynh

I accidentally break the clear lens off. Now the sensitive touch isn't working. Any advice pls!
12-09-2015 04:29pm
Stilolos

I've not broken the lens on mine but the driver side map light is no longer working on mine either. Tried to pry it open but I have been unsuccessful. Mine is the same as posted above with the thin strip style light.
12-09-2015 08:44pm