Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changed my mind....
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Changed my mind....

Firenze shouldn't be a problem as Red's are still popular colours. Greens and Blues are supposed to be least popular just ahead of the so called "lifestyle" colours

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2012 02:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sensorian

I got a Barolo Black Dynamic with plus pack and black interior which just looks classy and won't date. I haven't regretted it for a single second except for having to have it cleaned every week which can be a very expensive business.

I wanted a clean look and I realise it unimaginative but everybody agrees it works really well as a package particularly in the sunshine where the red fleck in the Barolo Black shows up really well.

On a side note, some turd has dented my door on the passenger side with their door. It's tiny in truth but I know it's there and the slight dimple does show up on Black probably more than on any other colour. So I'm investigating some form of repair. Any suggestions welcome.

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
26-03-2012 02:40pm
Rossy100

Changed my mind....

Yes - that is other thing that puts me off black...... Every black car I have ever owned has ended up looking aged due to all the scratches which show up moreso than on any other colour. I do love Barolo though and was absolutely set on this up until recently!
26-03-2012 02:43pm
BTS18

(26-03-2012 02:40pm)Sensorian Wrote:  On a side note, some turd has dented my door on the passenger side with their door. It's tiny in truth but I know it's there and the slight dimple does show up on Black probably more than on any other colour. So I'm investigating some form of repair. Any suggestions welcome.

I used a local mobile dent removal firm for exactly the same reason on my wifes Merc. Cost was £60 and took about half an hour to repair.

I had to send a photo of the dent to the repairer and they gave me a quote over the internet.

Not all dnets can be removed quite so easily though. If it is a sharp crease the paint could be split, or comressed so much that when the metal is pushed back to it's original shape, the paint splits.

Hope this helps.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
26-03-2012 05:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had a bash in the tailgate of my 1st RRSport when a friend unhitched my trailer without realising how heavy it was. It ran forward and into the lower tailgate leaving scratch right through to the metal. The local "chips away" franchise quoted me £60 to repair it - he used filler for the deepest bit and then he spent ages wet and dry sanding it before spraying. He made such a good job of it that when I traded the car the buying dealership couldn't find the repair until I showed them where it was. Some of these franchise guys are excellent, but I have heard some are right monkeys!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2012 05:16pm
Evo-king

Rossy100,

I know what you dilemma is like. I've lost count on how many changes in spec, model and colour we have gone through.

Our cars have nearly always been Black or Silver, and vowed never to have another Black, it is such a high maintenance colour.

In the end having a build date forced us into making a decision and one final change.

Hopefully your build will come soon, to end your quandary.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
26-03-2012 08:54pm
Craig_d1

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Firenze-R...trast-Roof

Some pics of a firenze and an OG next to each other at the dealers...the go had a contrast roof too....decisions
26-03-2012 11:56pm
PhilSkill

You only need to own black once to know never to buy again! swirls and dents show badly, even washing it you cant easily tell you've missed a bit till it dries, and you need to dry it off anyway because of watermarks. It looks lovely but get used to polishing/waxing if you get black... get Firenze if you want some colour... or Mauritius.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-03-2012 12:11am
Rossy100

Changed my mind....

Thanks guys

Spoke to dealer and going to pop in at the weekend to look at some they have in (they have a Firenze in showroom and OG in compound).

Definitely decided to rule out Barolo - the well made points re scratches being the deciding factor.
27-03-2012 09:38am
Rossy100

Changed my mind....

Well.... I can now confirm that a decision has been made.....

Went to dealer yesterday where they had a gleaming Firenze dynamic in the showroom...... Looked absolutely stunning..... And was about to change order.... Until........

Saw one in the outside compound which albeit needing a wash and polish, looked nowhere near as eyecatching. Amazing the difference when in/out of the showroom lights!

So in the end I have decided to stick with the Orkney and black contrast roof. I'm just pleased to have now finalised my decision.... Has been way too stressful!!!!!
31-03-2012 08:34pm