Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car wash help required in Southampton area pease
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Car wash help required in Southampton area pease

Can anybody recommend a good car wash that hand washes cars in Southampton/ Nursling specifically? Mine is filthy after sitting under trees in a car park for 4 days of rain and wind and after 450 miles of motorway driving in heavy rain showers and I would like to get it spruced up a bit, it doesn't need a full on valeting, just needs the streaks washed off it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 06:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-08-2012 05:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

RE: Car wash help required in Southampton area pease

(30-08-2012 05:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Can anybody recommend a good car wash that hand washes cars in Southampton/ Nursling specifically? Mine is filthy after sitting under trees in a car park for 4 days of rain and wind and after 450 miles of motorway driving in heavy rain showers and I would like to get it spruced up a bit, it doesn't need a full on valeting, just needs the streaks washed off it

There's a place across the central ston station if u want something quick.
30-08-2012 06:57pm
XFullFatTim

Thanks will look tomorrow. Sounds like the one listed on google

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-08-2012 08:24pm
cjfp

My daughter says she'll do it for a fiver if you're happy to travel the 20 miles to us !!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-08-2012 08:37pm
N1C

(30-08-2012 05:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Can anybody recommend a good car wash that hand washes cars in Southampton/ Nursling specifically? Mine is filthy after sitting under trees in a car park for 4 days of rain and wind and after 450 miles of motorway driving in heavy rain showers and I would like to get it spruced up a bit, it doesn't need a full on valeting, just needs the streaks washed off it

Hi XFullFatTim,
This is the place I use regularly, they can do a very quick wash down or can spend hours on it, your choice.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DIDA-CAR-W...tos_stream
Open to 7pm but can get quite busy straight after work etc. Post code SO18 1BH.

Mauritius blue Dynamic 5dr
30-08-2012 09:17pm
XFullFatTim

CJ, thanks but......... I think I prefer N1C and Tulabb's suggestion which looks like it is the same place they are both suggesting, so I'll take run into town tomorrow and see what they can do.
Thanks Tulabb and N1C

30-08-2012 09:23pm
doug

Tim's having his car washed Shocked

I knew you would come around to my way of thinking eventually, LR's don't have to look dirty. One step at a time, you never know one day you even find yourself cleaning it yourself when you get home Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
30-08-2012 10:04pm
XFullFatTim

Doug, it depends on the source of the dirt and motorway muck creates the wrong impression of a rough tie tuftie Range Rover, also it has to look good before it returns to Park Royal for a service!

(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 08:32am by XFullFatTim.)
31-08-2012 08:30am
Sarcastrix

I've only washed mine twice in 6 months Whistle

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
31-08-2012 09:04am
WB
WB

(31-08-2012 08:30am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Doug, it depends on the source of the dirt and motorway muck creates the wrong impression of a rough tie tuftie Range Rover, also it has to look good before it returns to Park Royal for a service!

Good move - much as I think LPR's service has been great so far I wouldn't let any dealer wash mine!

If you want it washed just before you go to LPR there's a great place 3 minutes away called "Over the Rainbow" just on the North Circular (A406). They're a proper detailer but also does washes and very reasonably priced too. Postcode is NW10 7UD. Alfie is the owner and he's a great guy.
31-08-2012 09:10am