Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Issues - Update
chiggy

RE: Car Issues - Update

(19-06-2012 07:13am)Neo Wrote:  Hey hey, i just sold my golf gti mk6 adidas edition and driving my wife's car atm (holden astra) it is soooo sluggish. I do miss the power! Looking forward to my fuji white dynamic too ( but with AD and pano roof ) Smile

YESS! I had the MK6 GTI as well (not the adidas edition which had a bit more power I believe) - love the golfball style automatic gearknob...

I had an SD4 coupe for a day - although it was just driving from the service centre to work and back - could definitely feel a little bit more power - but the Si4 is pretty astonishing. Almost feels like a seriously hot hatchback crossover SUV with style and panache and Oh my God so much quieter than the TD4.

Had the option of moving over to a Q5 or an X3 (given the sales they have with the financial year end coming but oh god how horrific looking is that X3... Q5 not so much) but the I knew there was only one car I was going to buy (even though the first one gave me a bunch of issues - call me stubborn if you must). Still, always a believer in giving second chances... so far so good!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 07:40am by chiggy.)
19-06-2012 07:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

Car Issues - Update

Ye, the Q5 with the s-line and LED in the 3.0l engine is pretty hot! Alas, I've owned an Audi before but fell in love with the Evoque instantly! Btw, the Q5 is getting a face lift next year to freshen the style so if you bought now, it would of been an old model. Are u posting any pics up soon please ?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
19-06-2012 08:43am
chiggy

(19-06-2012 08:43am)Neo Wrote:  Ye, the Q5 with the s-line and LED in the 3.0l engine is pretty hot! Alas, I've owned an Audi before but fell in love with the Evoque instantly! Btw, the Q5 is getting a face lift next year to freshen the style so if you bought now, it would of been an old model. Are u posting any pics up soon please ?

Yeah I saw the facelift version. Also so pictures of the SQ5 diesel - that does look very very beautiful - no doubt its going to be much much more expensive than the Si4 Dynamic anyway. Does look good - still nothing beats the Evoque in terms of looks at the moment.

I am attempting to organise a mini-shoot this weekend by myself - looking for an undercover parking lot for me to take pictures. So this weekend is the plan for now..

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
19-06-2012 08:54am
Biker

Also got a Murano and so does friend of mine.

Both of us experiences around the 17/18 000km mark it suddenly starts loosening up. It came as quite a surprise to us both, but I have not yet made the transition to Evoque.
I took my Murano[/u] to the dunes at Stockton several times and it just an absolute pleasure. Only drawback is the ground clearance, but the CVT is absolutely divine in those circumstances. Driven someone's auto Subaru there and it is painful in comparison. The V6 power is something I now absolutely addicted too. Still don't like the moment's hesitation when you floor it, but once it made up its mind, it just goeeeeeeeeeeeees.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
19-06-2012 08:54am
QUEEVO

Funny Mrs Queevo is looking at the Q3 or Q5 also atm...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
19-06-2012 09:04am
stiggz

SQ5 looks pretty average but performance would be the big key

RSQ3 will be the closest reasonable contender to the Evoque I reckon, looks, plus massive performance. Providing they actually make it of course
http://www.caradvice.com.au/168632/audi-...o-beijing/

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
19-06-2012 09:11am
TiTan

I sold a TT to get the Evoque, and will miss the power of the 2.0 turbo and the DSG gearbox. I would have preferred the Si4 over the TD4, but the LCT was a killer.

I won't miss Audi's service costs though - going by the price they charge, the oil the dealerships use is made from angel's tears it seems....
19-06-2012 09:40am
chiggy

(19-06-2012 09:40am)TiTan Wrote:  I sold a TT to get the Evoque, and will miss the power of the 2.0 turbo and the DSG gearbox. I would have preferred the Si4 over the TD4, but the LCT was a killer.

I won't miss Audi's service costs though - going by the price they charge, the oil the dealerships use is made from angel's tears it seems....

And why on earth does the Oil need to be filled every 2 months with the Audi? How much oil do the cars use!!

agreed - have an A3 in the house and I do dislike it very much for service purposes- and everytime I sit in it - its always asking for Oil.. car is 18 months old... never understood this. Service manager's response? All luxury cars require this much oil constantly...ummm no. just plain and simple... no they do not... this is the only car that does.

19-06-2012 10:04am
QUEEVO

Yep - I had an A4 for a while then MX5 - massive difference in the service and running costs. Above routine service, MX5 may have cost me $2500 over the last 10yrs...!!!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
19-06-2012 11:20am
yupstr8up

(18-06-2012 09:11am)Biker Wrote:  You not liked your Murano?
Hi Biker.....
No i love the murano but boy does it go through fuel....premium unleaded is so expensive, hubby said dont buy black but i didn't listen..... I'm sacrifising my sat nav which i hardly ever used because i didn't trust it! Just loved the look of the RRE and it test drove well.

Pure 5 door Fuji white SD4, Clearview and Teck pack, auto tailgate, street legal tint. 19" turned diamond wheels. Reversing camera, front and rear sensors.
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 03:26am by yupstr8up.)
25-06-2012 03:24am