Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Designers - Missing the obvious!
goldenboi79

RE: Car Designers - Missing the obvious!

+1 Mine too Wink
(07-01-2013 11:02pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  erm.......I'm sure my start button has red glowing lettering?????

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
08-01-2013 03:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Car Designers - Missing the obvious!

Start button glows red and the memory buttons are white. More than happy with that.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
08-01-2013 06:41am
DiscoDad

Yes me too, WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE ON!

Perhaps I'm a bit old school but I was taught to start the car, especially in winter, without putting any other load on the battery to ensure a quick & easy start. So therefore I don't put the lights on before I start the car, and for the same reason I switch them off at the end of my journey.

All I was saying was, of all the lights to have automatically illuminate when you enter the car, including the bloody tread-plates for Christ's sake, you would think that they would have made sure that 2 of the buttons that you are most likely to use would be bloody-well lit up!

Light-hearted rant over!

Ordered 3-4-2012 - Build date 27-6-2012 - Delivery expected 9-7-2012 - Actual delivery 29-6-2012
SD4 Auto Dynamic, Orkney Grey with black pano roof, style 7 wheels, lux pack, verve interior, ebony headlining, privacy glass, adaptive xenons, heated steering wheel, load retension system.
08-01-2013 07:02pm
slee18

(08-01-2013 07:02pm)DiscoDad Wrote:  Perhaps I'm a bit old school but I was taught to start the car, especially in winter, without putting any other load on the battery to ensure a quick & easy start. So therefore I don't put the lights on before I start the car, and for the same reason I switch them off at the end of my journey.

FYI all the accessories turn off when you start the car so you dont worry about the lights straining the system. If you have auto lights you can have them set to turn off immediately.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
08-01-2013 07:10pm
tonydina

(08-01-2013 07:10pm)slee18 Wrote:  FYI all the accessories turn off when you start the car so you dont worry about the lights straining the system. If you have auto lights you can have them set to turn off immediately.

Personally I am pleased with the LED lights with the exception of the Ambient lights which are way too dim.

I do miss my Jaguar's start/stop button which pulsed red waiting for me to hit that Red pulsing button to get that cat roaring. It gave one a small sense of satisfaction that you were in control as you head off into that concrete jungle.
10-01-2013 04:23am
MarkLondon

(10-01-2013 04:23am)tonydina Wrote:  Personally I am pleased with the LED lights with the exception of the Ambient lights which are way too dim.

I do miss my Jaguar's start/stop button which pulsed red waiting for me to hit that Red pulsing button to get that cat roaring. It gave one a small sense of satisfaction that you were in control as you head off into that concrete jungle.

What colour is your interior? I think it makes quite a difference to the ambient lighting.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
10-01-2013 08:37am