Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you fit 5 adults in an Evoque?
Pommyboi

Can you fit 5 adults in an Evoque?

Hi,

Quick question, can you fit 5 adults in an Evoque in comfort? I ask because I have said I would take 4 people around the 3 peaks challenge, I shan't be taking part because I'm lazy and unfit but very happy to run the car in over the 1200 mile drive. I know I'll be comfortable but will the rear seat passengers?

Thx

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
11-03-2012 10:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: Can you fit 5 adults in an Evoque?

You'll get 3 adults in the back but it wouldn't be comfortable on a long run.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
11-03-2012 10:50am
Token

Don't see why not. Legroom in the back is very good and the car is very wide, so should be more comfortable than most cars.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-03-2012 11:14am
mark_n

Depends on whether you have the bench seat. If not, there are only 2 seats back there.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-03-2012 12:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You will get them in with a squeeze but with luck all they will be interested in is sleeping! The problem will be whatever gear you need to carry with you - gear for five will have to consist of a small sport bag each and a load of energy bars. If you want some guidance contact James, Matt and the team at Lookers Park Royal as they did it last year, but they had the works Disco4 to use.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 05:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-03-2012 05:44pm
Pommyboi

I have the standard seat, I'm sure I saw the Pure down as a 5 seater but I wasn't sure what that means in reality.

If anyone has 3 guys in their mid twenties they can put in the back seats let me know how they fit and if they'll be ok doing 1200 miles like that???

@Tim, I have wondered what gear there will be to carry as well and whether it will fit. I'm hoping to get the car before the event to check it out properly otherwise I'll be hiring a mondeo estate or likewise.

I'll drop Lookers a note, maybe they'll lend me their Disco?? Smile

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
11-03-2012 05:54pm
cjfp

(11-03-2012 05:54pm)Pommyboi Wrote:  I'll drop Lookers a note, maybe they'll lend me their Disco?? Smile

Would be good sponsorship for them too.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-03-2012 05:57pm
caroline11000

I had to sit in the back of our 5 door Evoque with two other friends in January to go to the Ally Pally for the World Darts.....must say leg room wasn't a problem......but with three adults in the back ( 2 were skinny, I am working on it!......but not large anyway) I couldn't wait to get out of the car.......... I love driving my car though.......just not a very good back seat passenger perhaps!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
11-03-2012 05:58pm