Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
digital television
simonc6875

digital television

Do you require the dual screen to have the Analogue/digital television option, or can you get away without the dual screen ? Have been going thru my options before going in very soon, have taken off the surround camera (tow assist) won't really need it that much to be honest. Went to tick the dual view screen but noticed it tells you, you require surround camera system as well. if you require the dual view screen for the digital tv, i think i"ll leave it.
29-04-2012 05:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: digital television

(29-04-2012 05:41pm)simonc6875 Wrote:  Do you require the dual screen to have the Analogue/digital television option, or can you get away without the dual screen ? Have been going thru my options before going in very soon, have taken off the surround camera (tow assist) won't really need it that much to be honest. Went to tick the dual view screen but noticed it tells you, you require surround camera system as well. if you require the dual view screen for the digital tv, i think i"ll leave it.

You can have digital TV with or without dual screen, but neither you or your passenger will be able to view the picture on the move without it, whereas your passenger will if you have dual screen. However, I doubt you can get dual view without other options being included, as it's part of an upgrade package.

However, there is a lot more to the surround camera than 'tow assist', and I wouldn't be without it, so you might gain more benefit than you think if you do go for the upgrade.
29-04-2012 06:03pm
simonc6875

(29-04-2012 06:03pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  You can have digital TV with or without dual screen, but neither you or your passenger will be able to view the picture on the move without it, whereas your passenger will if you have dual screen. However, I doubt you can get dual view without other options being included, as it's part of an upgrade package.

However, there is a lot more to the surround camera than 'tow assist', and I wouldn't be without it, so you might gain more benefit than you think if you do go for the upgrade.

So you'd recommend to go for surround camera with tow assist rather than the digital tv?
29-04-2012 06:21pm
Donny Dog

(29-04-2012 06:21pm)simonc6875 Wrote:  So you'd recommend to go for surround camera with tow assist rather than the digital tv?

If it came to a choice, yes, although I have both as they were included with the luxury pack. (I wanted a panoramic roof anyway, so it made sense to get the package, which, I assume, will make pricing the car easier at trade in as well). However, I thought that you HAD to have the TV with surround camera, and vice versa(?)
29-04-2012 07:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Lux pack cars are actually listed as a separate model Donny, so the extra kit is recognised as being worth more come trade in time

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-04-2012 07:27pm
Donny Dog

(29-04-2012 07:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Lux pack cars are actually listed as a separate model Donny, so the extra kit is recognised as being worth more come trade in time

That's what I mean, so it's easier to get a simple price without someone evaluating the re-sale value of various extras, or, worse still, ignoring their value and treating it as the base model.

I once had a 'limited edition' version of a car which had numerous extras but still ended up priced as the standard car, so I didn't really get compensated for the added value.
29-04-2012 07:34pm
simonc6875

(29-04-2012 07:25pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  If it came to a choice, yes, although I have both as they were included with the luxury pack. (I wanted a panoramic roof anyway, so it made sense to get the package, which, I assume, will make pricing the car easier at trade in as well). However, I thought that you HAD to have the TV with surround camera, and vice versa(?)

Thanks for that, been humming and haying on it for a while. Not been sure if how much difference there was between the standard camera and surround camera with tow assist. Understand what your saying about the lux pack. But didn't plan on adding that much more. Only planned on pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel and surround cameras. Oh all to go on SD4 Dynamic manual in firenze red.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 08:42pm by simonc6875.)
29-04-2012 08:36pm