Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Land rover assist
Onebigjobby

Land rover assist

I have a few questions for you lovely people -

1. Do I get this automatically after buying my Evoque ?

2. Do I need to take out any other breakdown cover?

3. Am I covered in Europe with Landrover assist or should I take out further cover?

4. How long does LR assist last?

Thanks for any answers
Onebigjobby
17-07-2012 07:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Land rover assist

In the UK LRA is included for the first 3 years, ie as long as the warranty is valid.
It used to be provided by Mondial Assist, but now it is provided by the AA, and TBH, isn't a patch on the service you used to get. You don't need any other breakdown cover in the first three years
Your dealership should have an info sheet but try asking Nik@Land Rover. Have you checked what it says on the LR website too?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2012 08:05pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-07-2012 08:03pm
Onebigjobby

(17-07-2012 08:03pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In the UK LRA is included for the first 3 years, ie as long as the warranty is valid.
It used to be provided by Mondial Assist, but now it is provided by the AA, and TBH, isn't a patch on the service you used to get. You don't need any other breakdown cover in the first three years
Your dealership should have an info sheet but try asking Nik@Land Rover. Have you checked what it says on the LR website too?

Tnx for ur reply Tim, am I fully covered in Europe too, the same service as if I were in the UK?
17-07-2012 09:00pm
PhilSkill

Yes, covers most European countries, the details are in the Warranty booklet with your service book (in the glove box compartment). You should have a LR Assist card in the book too with that all important Phone number, and you should write your VIN number on it as they need this when calling.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-07-2012 09:15pm
smayo

You would think it would be a selling feature, but my delear never mentioned it ever, and no leaflets in sight anywhere.
Personally though it leaves me in the dilemma about what to do with my joint AA cover since I still need cover for the wife's car.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
17-07-2012 09:41pm
Onebigjobby

Tnx Phil I'll check out the paperwork tomorrow, I was Neva told this either!
17-07-2012 10:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

SMayo, contact the AA and explain to them about the Evoque, I did this years ago with my first new Disco, they suspended my membership until the warranty on the Disco ran out........... Problem was I then never had an LR product long enough until I had my TDv8 RRS to let the LR warranty expire!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-07-2012 11:26am