Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CD Uploading
Lachlan

CD Uploading

Hello, folks,

I've read a few posts about slow CD uploading. My problem is that when I pop in a CD, I don't even get an upload button! Is this a UK-only feature?

MY13 RR Evoque Dynamic Si4 Automatic; Orkney Grey w/ Black Contrast Roof; Style 7 Wheels; Ebony Interior/Head Liner
20-07-2013 07:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: CD Uploading

I really really wouldn't bother with cd upload, a complete waste of everyones time - just use a usb stick. (And i realise this doesn't answer your question, sorry)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-07-2013 07:45pm
Lachlan

Yeah, that's probably a better solution. Still, I'm wondering if I'm missing a feature I don't have. Even if it's a less-than-useful one Wink

MY13 RR Evoque Dynamic Si4 Automatic; Orkney Grey w/ Black Contrast Roof; Style 7 Wheels; Ebony Interior/Head Liner
20-07-2013 08:19pm
cjfp

It is buried quite deep.

Iirc - Insert cd and play

Go to my music, click the + and go to stored cds - next to an empty slot it should say upload, click this and it will upload the currently inserted cd

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2013 09:16pm by cjfp.)
20-07-2013 09:16pm
Lachlan

Thanks! But instead of 'stored cds' mine says 'cd changer,' adding unnecessary complexity. At any rate, 32GB thumb drive on order!

21-07-2013 02:16am
chapmac

CD Uploading

One thing to remember is that uploaded CDs are stored 'lossless' so the original sound quality of the cd is preserved. If you rip your CDs through iTunes or similar make sure you have the settings correct do that you don't compromise the sound quality too much. You can copy lossless. I'm no audiophile but can really hear the difference between CDs and the mp3s running off my phone on the meridian system.

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
21-07-2013 08:33am
rbjohn

I'm trying to upload cd's but the album info is not being diplayed, can anyone help? Or can this be done manually?
24-03-2014 01:04pm
cjfp

Given the hassle and time involved (from experience), I would forget cd uploading and use a USB stick or ipod.

As to your actual question, my info did appear ok iirc. Don't think you can do it manually.

24-03-2014 01:20pm
Stadt Panzer

CD Uploading

I've found that on newer CD's! If I upload an older one the info shows. I reckon it has something to do with the cd's and not the system.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
24-03-2014 08:14pm
Evo-king

Ah, this has been discussed before.

The software recognises older CD's, but not newer ones, it's down to the Gracenote music recognition database.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 08:41am by Evo-king.)
24-03-2014 09:39pm