Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Hybrid RR Evoque
speary

RE: A Hybrid RR Evoque

(14-11-2013 12:50pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  I think it is a bit shortsighted to say that just because they are not, right now, as good as standard petrol/diesel, that universities and/or commercial enterprises should no longer invest in R&D in these areas.

Someone has to make the breakthroughs.

I agree that r&d into alternative power sources should continue. Its the stupid unrealistic claims made about the current crop of ev's and hybrids that annoys me. As I mentioned before, a Porsche Panamera doing 90 odd mpg. Get real

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
14-11-2013 02:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broady43

Also done,thinking of getting A3 etron. Would prefer Hybrid Evoque.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
15-11-2013 12:54am
speary

This week autocar have done a test between a golf diesel, a focus diesel and an auris hybrid. The focus and golf beat the hybrid easily on fuel consumption and that didn't include all the energy burnt making the additional electric motor and batteries for the auris
At a last a real world test that confirms to me that hybrids are a money making gimmick for the manufacturers
The auris was almost £2k dearer as well

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
15-11-2013 09:35am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Speary they are also a way to save £8 a day Indigestion Charge in London - that is another attraction of them (make people think they are getting something for nothing). In all the covered carparks in both Glasgow and Stirling plug-in hybrid and pure electric cars even get dedicated slots near to the access doors, free charging AND often free parking all day............. I don't recall ever seeing a car parked in one of the special bays and it's still not a big enough incentive to make me buy a plug-in hybrid or purely electric car

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2013 10:49am by XFullFatTim.)
15-11-2013 10:48am
Jeroma

A wise man once said that most electric cars run on coal as in many countries electricity is still generated by coal.
I realy hate to see those Hybrids at high speed on motorways and never driving on electric power, the reaso concern is that in some countries they don't pay a penny in road tax.

IMHO every one or no one using the road network should pay taxes, whatever power source they use.
The good side is that most of this cars, due to the weight of the batteries can't tow a trailer or a caravan.

In addition no one wants them as second hand car

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
15-11-2013 05:34pm