Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Break-in Procedure?
doug

RE: Break-in Procedure?

After 1000 miles my oil level is still the same.
I would go easy on the brakes for the first few hundred miles.
As for the engine. If you have the Auto box, unless you drive around in Sport all day. You would find it hard to get the revs over 4000rpm. Unless your my wife, who keeps knocking the paddle on the wheel which means it will hold the car in that gear. She did ask me why the engine was some times noisy Crying

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
25-02-2012 06:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

(24-02-2012 05:59pm)Tom C Wrote:  Ok that all makes sense...I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't anything special to be done. I also got an e-mail from the dealership that sold me the car claiming that my scheduled service is due soon (I bought the Evoque less than 3 weeks ago). This sounds like the dealership is just trying to make money on an unneccessary service.

I love my GT-R. It is a completely different animal with downpipes, mid-pipe, intake and tune. It has a rougher edge (more personality) now. I haven't had any transmission issues (knocking on wood). There are some transmission pieces that probably need to be replaced for longevity, but they seem to have less problems now that the original launch control (LC1) which was very abusive on the tranny (4,500 RPM launches) has been reflashed on most of the '09 cars. I have only used the reflashed launch control (LC2 launched under 3K RPM) once and I didn't like how it short-shifted into second so I haven't used it since. Even without using launch control I ran a best 10.838 @ 128.4mph at the drag strip. I may bring it to a road course...but once you start doing that the high maintenance costs start coming at an accelerated frequency.

BTW your Exige must be so bad @ss..... how much does it weigh?

Tom

That is pretty funny! Maybe because it is Friday...it took me a second to get it... Tongue Out

Tom
Yea the exige is nice. It only weighs 1981lbs, just changed a few things such as lighter panels and diffuser. It weighs about 2014lbs stock. Hey my friend makes diffusers for the GTR if you are intrested. He makes me for lotus, nsx, and gtr http://www.difflow.com/products.html check it out. His diffuser is being used for the Texas mile top speed runs this year. His diffuser has helped my exige top speed stability at top speeds. just tell Glenn i sent and can probably hook you up hes a good guy.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
25-02-2012 06:56pm
zambiaman

I always had this query but no one seemed to have a solid answer. I took care of the evoque for the first 1,000km not taking it above 3,000rpm but during that period I had to take a long drive - 100km approximately. Will that have an effect on the engine? Or Im I just getting paranoid for no reason?

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
24-04-2012 07:48am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is no requirement to "run-in or break-in" the engine for any set mileage or time , BUT if you read the owner's manual ............ it tells you exactly what you should and should not do to be kind to the engine when it is new.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-04-2012 09:12am
Barneyridge

I drove the car normally, which generally is not hard. I did not tow with the car for the first 2,000 km though. I do tow a boat which weighs about 1,500 kgs.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
27-04-2012 05:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Exigejoe, did you know Lotus has just launched an upgraded Exige in the UK? UK magazine Autocar road tested it in this week's edition, got the thumbs up!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-04-2012 10:39am