Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Bored of iPhone - anyone know if Windows Phone works?
RacingSnake

RE: Bored of iPhone - anyone know if Windows Phone works?

Switched to "always on", switched on 'activate on lock screen', and now my phone will not switch on at all. Crying
ok, after a soft reset and a series of tests I can confirm... that this function does not work.
Or rather, does not work with the evoque.
It works fine testing it out but just doesn't do it in the car.

I thought it might have been because it connected to both "voice" and "music" over the Bluetooth connection, so I disabled the music connection which meant that I now heard the text message tone through the phone (previously it seemed silent so I assume it treats it as music).
I set the "my music" source to Bluetooth, and it then played the text message beep through the radio, but then the Bluetooth music cut out and no instructions were read out Sad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 09:29pm by RacingSnake.)
06-01-2013 08:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
same2you

Thanks for testing it out RacingSnake... I'm disappointed that it doesn't seem to work with the evoque, especially since all other functionality seems to be functioning properly. It won't sway me from either the Windows Phone line nor the Evoque since I love too much about both of them Wink

Thanks again for running it through its paces...
07-01-2013 04:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jrinns

Does the evoque require rSAP? If so you will get phone contacts etc but full functionlity is not available due to ios or windows 8 not having it. Ive just gone from ios to w8 and it appears i will need to switch to an android to use google apps on my new audi.
07-01-2013 08:00am
RacingSnake

The Evoque does indeed have rSAP, well spotted.

Sounds like that's the issue then!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
07-01-2013 11:16am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pepster

So I've just retried turning on bluetooth on my Lumia 920 and I can confirm it does indeed sync my contacts. For some reason I was prompted with a confirmation in the car asking if it was ok to sync contacts. Now I am happy. Have no idea why it didn't work last time.

So, thanks for the feedback everyone. This is just an FYI that the Lumia 920 does indeed work perfectly with the evoque...

Wink
13-01-2013 10:58pm
3V0QU3

On Windows phones, just paring Bluetooth does not automatically give full access to everything via Bluetooth, so your phone will prompt if a connected device tries to access something, like your phonebook, before just allowing the connected device to have all of your information. Perhaps slightly annoying, but far more secure that other phones that assume because someone can play your music that you want to allow them to steel everything on your phone.
According to the LR website the Nokia 920 is fully supported. if anyone knows of any issues with this phone on the Evoque I would be interested to hear from you, as I am looking forward to driving my Evoque over my iPhone at the end of my contract.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
14-01-2013 09:30pm
mpw

I too have a Lumia 920 and via Bluetooth it's paired with my Evoque. It has full access to the phone contact list. On pairing I didn't at first get the contact list and was concerned, but then it did appear and all okay since. Having last paired an old Windows Phone 6.5 , which did share its contact list, I noted the initial problem with the Lumia 920 so as 3VOQU3 states the 920 prompts for your acceptance to allow the Evoque further access to the phone.
15-01-2013 01:23pm
fmcastro

I'm a new Lumia 920 user and it seems I'm having an issue...

Whenever I try to issue a Voice Command (using bluetooth) by holding the windows key, it seems that my voice can't be heard by the phone.

I could do this with the Iphone with no problem at all. All I had to do was to hold the home button, wait for a tone (which I could hear through the cars speakers) and speak normally through the cars microphone.

The interaction between the Lumia and the Evoque seems broken when trying to issued voice commands. Do you also experience that?

Before you ask why would I use the voice command system of the phone instead of of the car, the answer is simple (and sad). Brazilian Evoques dont have voice command because they dont support brazilian portuguese. The voice command button is turned into a fancy "Audio Off" button. Cool huh?

Best.
21-02-2013 11:20pm
RacingSnake

The Lumia 920 does everything the compatability screenshot says it does.

with regards to the beeping and various commands, this is probably linked to the rSAP mentioned in this thread.

I can hear the phone beeps and whilstles if the audio source (eg music) is also connected to the phone via bluetooth - Is this what you had done with your iphone?

22-02-2013 10:15am
fmcastro

(22-02-2013 10:15am)RacingSnake Wrote:  The Lumia 920 does everything the compatability screenshot says it does.

I couldn't find anything about voice commands in the compatibility list.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able give voice commands to the phone while connected to the car. I want to say "Call someone" and have the phone dial someone... What happens is that the mic indicator on the phone (while waiting for the voice command) shows as if the car was in a complete silence...

I'm trying this with the car audio connected to the phone. If I start a music, I can hear it through the cars speakers. but if I press and hold the Windows button I can't hear the brief chime it makes when starting to listen to a voice command nor the phone listens to me...
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 02:57pm by fmcastro.)
22-02-2013 02:53pm