Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bluetooth problem anyone else?
Westy

Bluetooth problem anyone else?

On friday I was driving along quite happily on the motorway took a call on my phone and was really pleased with the quality of the Bluetooth system, I had been on the call for approx 10minutes when the car system Bluetooth screeched really loud and then I had the echo of my own voice throughout the car and then no sound from my caller.

I tried to re connect the call, the system operated fine and as normal but I had no sound, it turns out my caller and people I tried to call could hear me crystal clear but at my end it was silent. ( my good lady thought I was trying to ignore her calls! Never)

I stopped the car at the next step services and tried to delete the pairing and then re pair hoping that this maybe a phone issue and that re pairing would clear the fault, but still the same, as I had more time to drive I decided to give up and would have a look when I got home.

I stopped for fuel approx 1 hr later and had to wait in a queue for about 5-10 minutes, you guessed it when I came out got back in the car and it seemed to reset itself. I guess the cars system cleared the fault, I am hoping that this is a one off, will keep you posted.

Has anyone else had a similar issue, the screech really was quite loud and would have alarmed any passengers.

Fingers crossed it was just a spike and one off. Still love the car though, just a little gremlin escaped from the system

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
20-02-2012 02:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Bluetooth problem anyone else?

mine been fine...so far....I find that if there is an electronic gremlin in the RR range, a turn off and re-boot does often clear it...hopefully it contuines fine for you.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
20-02-2012 07:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OllyD

(20-02-2012 02:20pm)Westy Wrote:  On friday I was driving along quite happily on the motorway took a call on my phone and was really pleased with the quality of the Bluetooth system, I had been on the call for approx 10minutes when the car system Bluetooth screeched really loud and then I had the echo of my own voice throughout the car and then no sound from my caller.

I tried to re connect the call, the system operated fine and as normal but I had no sound, it turns out my caller and people I tried to call could hear me crystal clear but at my end it was silent. ( my good lady thought I was trying to ignore her calls! Never)

I stopped the car at the next step services and tried to delete the pairing and then re pair hoping that this maybe a phone issue and that re pairing would clear the fault, but still the same, as I had more time to drive I decided to give up and would have a look when I got home.

I stopped for fuel approx 1 hr later and had to wait in a queue for about 5-10 minutes, you guessed it when I came out got back in the car and it seemed to reset itself. I guess the cars system cleared the fault, I am hoping that this is a one off, will keep you posted.

Has anyone else had a similar issue, the screech really was quite loud and would have alarmed any passengers.

Fingers crossed it was just a spike and one off. Still love the car though, just a little gremlin escaped from the system

hi Westy... been searching the forums looking for someone else with the same problem. I picked up my evoque in Jan and have had this problem since then. It's been back with the dealer over 5 times to resolve the problem even replacing the whole touch screen unit which controls the speakers, bluetooth connectivity etc... but the problem is still there. Have you resolved the problem yet? it's driving my mad... any feedback on this would be appreciated.
10-04-2012 11:10pm
spif888

(20-02-2012 02:20pm)Westy Wrote:  On friday I was driving along quite happily on the motorway took a call on my phone and was really pleased with the quality of the Bluetooth system, I had been on the call for approx 10minutes when the car system Bluetooth screeched really loud and then I had the echo of my own voice throughout the car and then no sound from my caller.

Hi Westy

I am downunder in Brisbane, Australia and the identical thing happened to me. I have had the car for nearly 2 1/2 months and last week was the first time it happened to me.

Like yourself, I was on a call, heard the screech and then nothing. I pulled over and repeated the infamous Land Rover re set solution and all I could hear was my own voice (not a nice sound). The peroson on the other end could hear me crystal clear. I gave up after fiddling for about 15 minutres, went into the shops for about 45 minutes, came out and tried again. Viola it worked perfectly. It happened again later in the day and since then not again.

Hopefully there is a more logical solution than having to sit around waiting for the system to reset itself

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
11-04-2012 07:39am
Wired

It sounds like something is overloading after a while, because you all been on the phone for awhile it seems.
This could be hardware, like a component overheating, but could be software to with some sort of buffer overrun. Only way to find out is do a system reset that also resets all the Bluetooth software, after it happens.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
11-04-2012 12:27pm
Westy

Good afternoon

I am pleased to say that i think my problem has been resolved, my car was booked in for some warranty paintwork (covered in another thread related to delivery and not fault of the manufacturer)

I mentioned it to the service manager at my supplying dealer who said they would take a look at it when the car came back for the little scratch repair.

I understand that they reloaded the blue tooth software and I am pleased to say it has not done it again, I was suspicious at first that nothing had been done but I noticed that some of the original default settings were back on the car afterwards which would suggest that some software was re flashed, this was carried out with no drama and fingers crossed the problem has now gone.

Maybe you can ask the same question I don't think it is a big job, but I think it will need to be carried out at a landrover dealer facility.

Hope you get the problem fixed as when it happened it was really noisy and irritating.

Has been approx a month now and all seems okVery Happy

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

12-04-2012 06:48pm
Westy

Just to let you know my screeching fault is still there, I did have the software update and thought it had been fixed

I agree it could be Something overheating as a full re start cures the problem for a while.

Car booked into dealer this week for a check and chat with the master tech

Did any of you get your problems resolved, would be really keen to know the solution

Driving me mad

06-08-2012 01:40pm
hapsta

I haven't had the problem you are talking about but l do have a bluetooth issue where my phone won't pair when l get in the car and start a journey. This in turn wont allow the radio to be used and l have to sit in silence until either my next journey or sometimes it will pair after about 20 minutes. I have tried to re pair the phone to the car but it hasn't solved the issue. I live hours away from my nearest dealer so l will have to put up with it till l get the first service done and hopefully its just a software issue.

Si4 Pure Coupe, Auto, Colima Lime, 20 Inch Style 8 Wheels, Cirrus Interior, Powered Tailgate, Pure Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Rear Bucket Seats, Powerfold Mirrors, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto Headlights, Front Parking Aid, Rear Camera, Spare Set 19 inch Style 4 Wheels.
07-08-2012 02:45pm
BenCour

I am too experiencing the same issue, there is no noise but I just suddenly start hearing myself in echo and the other party can hear me as well but I can't hear them back. I can then take my phone and switch back to handset to finish the call. The only thing I notice is that it occurs usually around 10-12 minutes during a call. I was hoping to find a solution here but I'm affraid I won't. BTW, I'm using an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1.

Ben
31-08-2012 05:28pm
Westy

My car is going into today to my local dealer for the fuel flap locking problem I have (nothing serious but not locking and keeps blowing fuses when the technician changes them, basically LR need more time to look in to it)

I am in Portugal for a week on business so they are having the car for the week, I have also managed to replicate the blue tooth problem I have, it happened on a journey a week ago and I was lucky enough to have my iPod to hand and managed to video the problem. I will share this them so that they can log this with LR direct.

I have spoken to the service manager and now at least we have some proof of what is happening when this fault occurs.

Up until now I leave been through the have you paired the phone properly, what make is your phone, does it have the latest software, logging my phone model with LR, this is a car issue.

If any of you have had this fixed please share the fix or corrective action, I know it only affects a few members so not a big deal but for me as I do alot of business miles it is very frustrating having to leave the motorway and fully restart the car to clear the fault on a long journey.

Hope this helps, if any of you need the video I can share, at this stage I don't like the sound of my own midlands Brummie voice so not planning to make a fool out of myself.Rolling Eyes but can share if you need to to assist you all getting a fix.

02-11-2012 10:57am