Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bluetooth problem anyone else?
Nex

RE: Bluetooth problem anyone else?

I have the same problem in my Disco 4. It has the upgraded audio pack. I can't replicate on demand but I can tell you the following:
1. Car has to turn off engine and wait until all electrics shut down. Usually takes around 5 minutes. If you sit in your car and wait you will hear it switch everything off, dash display turns off etc.
2. When this issue is occurring I can still play Bluetooth music. Either replaying voice memos from iPhone or listening to iTunes over Bluetooth works fine.
3. This has happened with multiple phones. Both I have tried are iPhones but different models.

There are times when the noise canceling is working overtime that I can almost hear my own voice in the speakers just like when this issue occurs. Because the other Bluetooth functions work ok it makes me think it has to do with the noise canceling features.

Lastly, the problem always coincides with that "twitch" sound which lasts for a split second. The sound might happen a dozen times or more with no problems. But then once the problem kicks in, it's a full shut down and restart. I'm beginning to think I'm driving an old windows computer. Restart fixes everything.

I think if I can figure out what that twitch does, I might be on the way to reproducing the problem.
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 09:44pm by Nex.)
18-11-2012 09:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vicken23

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, i also experienced this issue in my new pure.
it first happened last night and again this morning.

I also had an evoque loan car for a week, whilst i was waiting to take delivery and the same thing was happening with that car.

I have an iphone 5, with latest software. My experience is that it actually occurs quicker, this morning it was 4 minutes into the call.

The other thing that i have noticed is a random knock like noise throughout the conversation. It might be the twitch thing spoken about above.

Its really annoying. I will ask the guys at my dealer in Melbourne about it today and see what they have to say.

Will keep you posted.

Si4 Pure Tech Pack, auto tailgate, power mirrors, auto headlamps/wipers, park assist.
11-01-2013 01:37am
Jai

Bluetooth problem anyone else?

My BT with iPhone 5 is also a little glitchy. I can't say I get it with my other iPhone 4S. It's almost like the BT can't stream the data fast enough and it sort of stutters a bit? Would you say yours is like this?
11-01-2013 07:28am
Nex

Jai - I can still stream audio from all iPhones from 3G onwards while this problem is occurring. I have had Land Rover replace the microphone thinking it might have been hardware but to no avail. The problem still occurs.

I was starting to think it was something to do with the noise canceling features of the Bluetooth phone features because there is no interruption to music relating to this.

I was hoping the new iPhone 5 fixed the problem because it uses the newer Bluetooth version but again no luck. I can say though, at times I can have up to 5 hours of phone calls with no issues so it is really very intermittent.
11-01-2013 01:38pm
CASEY

I am having a different Bluetooth problem. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. When I get in the Evoque, it will show that it is paired. The phonebook will show, last calls etc. When I make a call; the phone will ring the party I am calling. They will answer-but neither party will hear anything. after 5 or 10 minutes; everything will work just fine. Frustrating!
11-01-2013 07:14pm
Westy

(10-04-2012 11:10pm)OllyD Wrote:  hi Westy... been searching the forums looking for someone else with the same problem. I picked up my evoque in Jan and have had this problem since then. It's been back with the dealer over 5 times to resolve the problem even replacing the whole touch screen unit which controls the speakers, bluetooth connectivity etc... but the problem is still there. Have you resolved the problem yet? it's driving my mad... any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Hello did you get this fault resolved, have just seen the recents threads, I see you had your radio replaced and still the fault was there. I was feeling optimistic about a discussion I have had with LR but now feel unsure.

My car is booked in to have a new radio fitted next week in a bid to cure the fault once and for all, fingers crossed.

If you found a fix please share it with us as this is driving me crazy!!

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 08:45pm by cjfp.)
11-01-2013 07:22pm
Brian76

(11-01-2013 07:22pm)Westy Wrote:  Hello did you get this fault resolved, have just seen the recents threads, I see you had your radio replaced and still the fault was there. I was feeling optimistic about a discussion I have had with LR but now feel unsure.

My car is booked in to have a new radio fitted next week in a bid to cure the fault once and for all, fingers crossed.

If you found a fix please share it with us as this is driving me crazy!!

Westy- Glad to find others who are having the same Bluetooth issue just to prove to my dealer I'm not crazy! I can never get problem to reproduce on demand, but have had it in twice to be looked at. This week they reprogrammed the software and I have not had it happen... yet, but it sounds from other posts that this doesn't fix the problem.

Dealer is saying they can find no faults and it is likely to be my phone, which seems odd to me. I've had same issue with iPhone 4 and 5, always with most current software.

I'm printing this post and bringing it in next time! Please update after your new radio is installed to see if that does the trick!
12-01-2013 01:42pm
vicken23

Hi guys,
i have taken my car in today to have a look at the software issue.

Has anyone had any luck in resolving this, i can see this becoming a long hit and miss fix.

Si4 Pure Tech Pack, auto tailgate, power mirrors, auto headlamps/wipers, park assist.
28-01-2013 11:45pm
MikeinNY

I have a different bluetooth problem. Using my iPhone 5, music streaming is flawless. But the voice connection is inconsistent and mostly unusable. It breaks up and you miss most of what is being said, either by Siri or the other party on the call.

Took it to the dealer and they did a quick reboot of the car, but it didn't solve the problem. Every once in awhile it works well, but mostly it useless.

2013 Evoque 5 Door Si4 Dynamic. Indus Silver/Santorini Black Roof. Ebony Interior with Cirrus headliner. Climate Comfort Package, Sat. and HD Radio, Park Assist. Plasti-dipped RR lettering, side blades and wheels.
29-01-2013 02:41am
vicken23

hi guys it went in today and they updated all software, it didnt specifically have a bluetooth update.
butsa lets see if this fixes anything.

Westy did you get yours resolved.

29-01-2013 10:15am