Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Lettering
tokio69

RE: Black Lettering

I also ordered the black letters from http://www.powerfulluk.com today.
i guess on the white body color this will look very nice and will match the black grill

Evoque Dynamic 4WD automatic White/Ebony
825W soundsystem, Privacy Glass
Sat Nav
02-03-2012 10:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thumper

I am liking the black lettering. Probably will be my next mod!!! Cool
(04-03-2012 01:15am)Thumper Wrote:  I am liking the black lettering. Probably will be my next mod!!! Cool

Actually is my next mod. Just ordered the front and back. Came to just over $120 shipped to USA if any NA owners are interested.

Luvin' every minute of if it!!!
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 01:19am by Thumper.)
04-03-2012 01:15am
tokio69

If you applied them, can you share some pics?

Sat Nav
04-03-2012 11:46am
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Black Lettering - photographs

(29-02-2012 11:04am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Did mine this weekend. The front letters have been removed from the bonnet and not replaced, so that was simple. To do the rears I placed a piece of masking tape top and bottom of the existing letter and marked where the existing letter met the tape. You must use one piece under each letter as it won't work using one long piece since the letter subtley curve around the tailgate. I then prized each one off (using a very thin small blade flat screwdriver) since they are not stuck on particularly well (no way could you get away doing this on a Merc for example). I then just wiped clean the area and applied the new letter.

The ones I bought from power UK seem to have alot more stick than the LR ones. If you hold the letter at about 45 deg from the body work you can place it in the right place before gently offering it up to the bodywork. Took me about one minute a letter and job done! On a white car having gloss black letters looks so much better (IMHO). Now that my grille and side vents are black that is the mods complete. Pictures to follow (need to clean the car first!).

I promise you this is a really simple job and just needs a little bit of care to make a real difference to the look of your car.Very HappyVery Happy

As promisedVery HappyVery Happy

Please note these are my winter tyres and not a new 17" alloy wheel option!

Attached File(s)
.doc  Modified.doc (Size: 872 KB / Downloads: 146)

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 09:45am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
05-03-2012 09:01am
Westy

Car looks great, I cant believe how much difference the black lettering makes (imo) and the black grille and vents look great too. did you wrap the parts or paint them, apologies I cant remember I think you have mentioned it before though, age is a terrible thing, my memories gone.

Looks like the weather is a bit kinder now in germany

need to wash mine again white looks great but do some motorway miles and its black again, nice freelander wheels. spring will soon be here and get the wheel arch filling wheel back outVery Happy

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
05-03-2012 09:26am
BFGEvoqueMan

Thanks for the compliments.

My local body shop srayed them for me in a high gloss black to match the plastic on the windscreen trims - cost to me €100 (about £85). I just took the parts off, gave them to him and got them back 24hrs later!

Guess i was lucky with the weather on Friday - since Sat it has been raining/misty and will be -2c here tomorrowSadSad

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
05-03-2012 09:39am
cjfp

Powerfuluk are now doing them in gloss red - red to match the dynamic evoque colour

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
06-03-2012 10:42pm
chiggy

(06-03-2012 10:42pm)cjfp Wrote:  Powerfuluk are now doing them in gloss red - red to match the dynamic evoque colour

I saw that..

That's just weird... Highly doubt many would get it in Gloss Red - would look funny I think..

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
07-03-2012 01:35am
dynamicgirl

My first mod was to swap the standard bonnet and tailgate lettering over to gloss black. It was very simple, I masked off one side and the bottom of each letter (did them one at a time), then gently heated the standard letters up and prised them off with a plastic trim removal tool. A little sticky stuff remover was dabbed on with a microfibre cloth and this lifted the standard trim tape residue off completely (the original letters are not stuck on as well as you would imagine and there is no need to use one of those 'caramel wheel' drill attachments that are recommended for the job). I used some alcohol wipes where I wanted to stick the letters, then I heated up the 3M trim tape on the new letters with a hairdrier and . The whole process took me just under an hour and it only cost me £33, which is a whole lot cheaper than some of the kits on offer for over £70. I love the bold contrast the black gives against the Fuji White. Smile Paula xx

[Image: 27f940c8-929d-4e84-9ae1-1f1f04adf02f_zps98f47a51.jpg]

[Image: P1000694_zpsf31564d1.jpg]
06-06-2013 10:46am
tokio69

Below are the BEFORE and AFTER pictures from my convert.
Click to see bigger size.

Tom

Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 11:04am by tokio69.)
06-06-2013 10:58am