Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Black Badge!
Griff449

RE: Black Badge!

If someone wants to have pink wheels on the flipping RR who cares as long as the owner is happy that's all that matters. Getting all precious about some one wanting to change the colour of a badge is a bit over the top really.......

Surely some advice on where to get one instead of whining would be a lot more use of ones time. Thumbs up to those who have been helpful to the guy Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
23-05-2012 09:31am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoquemayne

(23-05-2012 08:42am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Black badges for all the models are available from the same crowd that make those useful little youTube videos about how to fit accessories - Powerfulluk. They also sell chromed and brushed badging if I remember correctly and have an eBay shop. If it floats your boat then you can also buy "Supercharged" , "TDv8" "Westminster" and "Autobiography" badging from numerous ebay outlets to stick on the back of your RRE

I can't seem to find the black ones Tim? I have seen the red ones.
23-05-2012 09:38am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(22-05-2012 09:28pm)doug Wrote:  WB,
What's LR032334 ?
When I ordered a set from Nick, the badge set was listed as "black" which ment the Evoque badge had the black tape in the centre for the Pure model. But the SD/TD badge is still in silver.

That's correct this is the Evoque badge with Black center Silver outline and also comes with the SD4 badge in silver. I thought the OP wanted the standard LR Evoque badge not an all black one.

I agree with the OP and had I bought a Dynamic I'd have changed the red badge and replace it with the black one as it just looks better IMO - especially on OG. Similarly if I'd bought a prestige I'd have "de-chromed" the car because I don't like silver trim.
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 10:00am by WB.)
23-05-2012 09:54am
evoquemayne

Brilliant, now it's just a matter or tracking it down. No need to do any painting as I think having EVOQUE in black and the Si4 in chrome is the perfect combination.

Thank you.

When I say 'tracking it down', I do realize I could probably get a dealer to order this for me. As in, if there is any online shop that actually stocks them etc. Also, if anyone has a picture of the Black badge on an actual car would really appreciate it as have tried for about 10 minutes and no avail.
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 10:47am by evoquemayne.)
23-05-2012 10:34am
WB
WB

(23-05-2012 10:34am)evoquemayne Wrote:  Brilliant, now it's just a matter or tracking it down. No need to do any painting as I think having EVOQUE in black and the Si4 in chrome is the perfect combination.

Thank you.

When I say 'tracking it down', I do realize I could probably get a dealer to order this for me. As in, if there is any online shop that actually stocks them etc.

Nick from Yeovil land rover can take your order over the phone and post them to you and gives forum members 20% off.

Just google for the phone number and ask for Nick in the parts dept.
23-05-2012 10:49am
THEMACS

(23-05-2012 09:31am)Griff449 Wrote:  If someone wants to have pink wheels on the flipping RR who cares as long as the owner is happy that's all that matters. Getting all precious about some one wanting to change the colour of a badge is a bit over the top really.......

Surely some advice on where to get one instead of whining would be a lot more use of ones time. Thumbs up to those who have been helpful to the guy Smile

I couldn't give a S*** What colour wheels anyone has!!!!!!!!

My point is that I PERSONALLY don't like when people badge their cars or whatever you want to call it, to make it SOMETHING IT OBVIOULSY Isn't!!! And if you look at my response to The ORIGINAL Point, I was merely stating that LR look to have taken the same stance as BMW, where they will not let you have Original Parts from AUTHORISED Dealers unless they are part of the cars ORIGINAL Spec!! The way BMW do this is to get your Reg/Chasis Number as you get parts, so they know what is STANDARD For your Vehicle. Thats how my dealer does it!!

Once again, It is MY OPINION Which I AM ENTITLED TO!! If you don't like then Tough!!!!!!!!!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 04:18pm by THEMACS.)
23-05-2012 03:37pm
J77

He isn't badging his car to make it something it isn't, he is painting the whole badge black so it won't even look like a pure and it will still say evoque as it does at present.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-05-2012 03:57pm
Xpouj09

(23-05-2012 03:37pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I couldn't give a S*** What colour wheels anyone has!!!!!!!!

My point is that I PERSONALLY don't like when people badge their cars or whatever you want to call it, to make it SOMETHING IT OBVIOULSY Isn't!!! And if you look at my reasponse to The ORIGINAL Point, I was merely stating that LR look to have taken the same stance as BMW, where they will not let you have Original Parts from AUTHORISED Dealers unless they are part of the cars ORIGINAL Spec!! The way BMW do this is to get your Reg/Chasis Number as you get parts, so they know what is STANDARD For your Vehicle. Thats how my dealer does it!!

Once again, It is MY OPINION Which I AM ENTITLED TO!! If you don't like then Tough!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys - please do not fight together ! Smile Joined this forum and found lots of useful advices and joy, I do agree with THEMACS - that regular BMW with M-line badge looks stupid, or MB owner with AMG for regular 180CDI. But in this case, I fully understand IRONSFANs wish - it is only question of colour and 99% drivers will not recognize engine due to colour of rear badge.
Instead of fighting - help me to solve my problem with phone mirroring ! Smile Please !
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Phone-mirroring
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 04:08pm by Xpouj09.)
23-05-2012 04:07pm
THEMACS

(23-05-2012 03:57pm)J77 Wrote:  He isn't badging his car to make it something it isn't, he is painting the whole badge black so it won't even look like a pure and it will still say evoque as it does at present.

If you Read my initial response, I wasn't being critical of him, I was Merely stating one of the reasons that I think LR have taken this stance.

Anyone is entitled to do what they want with Their own vehicles, whether I think it is right, wrong, makes it look good or crap is of no consequence, it is MY OPINION... End Of!!!!!!!!!
(23-05-2012 04:07pm)Xpouj09 Wrote:  Guys - please do not fight together ! Smile Joined this forum and found lots of useful advices and joy, I do agree with THEMACS - that regular BMW with M-line badge looks stupid, or MB owner with AMG for regular 180CDI. But in this case, I fully understand IRONSFANs wish - it is only question of colour and 99% drivers will not recognize engine due to colour of rear badge.
Instead of fighting - help me to solve my problem with phone mirroring ! Smile Please !
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Phone-mirroring

I would love to be able to help you, but unfortunately, I haven't got a Clue!! Sorry

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 04:18pm by THEMACS.)
23-05-2012 04:16pm
Xpouj09

[quote='THEMACS' pid='56851' dateline='1337786178']

Thanks, do not worry - I do not have a clue either ! But from my point of view - look like an easy mod. Especially in these days, when everybody has a smartphone this thing would be great add.

Have a nice day and enjoy your Evoque! Very Happy
23-05-2012 04:23pm