Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bigger Evoque
Gthornton

RE: Bigger Evoque

If it gets the 8 speed auto it'll be a kick in the teeth!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
05-12-2011 07:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(05-12-2011 07:17pm)Gthornton Wrote:  If it gets the 8 speed auto it'll be a kick in the teeth!

The 8 speed will need to show up before then or LR will be losing sales to the competion.

In a brief moment of insanity (it's passed now Very Happy)I spec'ed up a loaded Audi Q3 Quattro and the Stronic (auto) version of that is one tax band above the manual 4wd Evoque - its very close. I could have the Audi by the end of March or the Evoque by August 2012....tempting for just a few minutes.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
05-12-2011 07:36pm
Evo-king

An 8 speed would convert me to auto immediately.

As far as the bigger Evoque goes, place your orders now for a 2015 delivery.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-12-2011 11:55pm
Gthornton

I considered the Q3 and Q5 for a brief period during the onset of the delays but they are dull as dishwater and i think the wait is worth it.
Also for me the wait was just as long.....

(05-12-2011 07:36pm)Straydox Wrote:  The 8 speed will need to show up before then or LR will be losing sales to the competion.

In a brief moment of insanity (it's passed now Very Happy)I spec'ed up a loaded Audi Q3 Quattro and the Stronic (auto) version of that is one tax band above the manual 4wd Evoque - its very close. I could have the Audi by the end of March or the Evoque by August 2012....tempting for just a few minutes.

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
06-12-2011 11:33am
QueJumper

Bigger Evoque

I did some of the focus group work on this car a couple of months back. Looks very much like the current Evoque not wider but longer and they were asking if we'd want 7 seats. I personally said no as I still didn't think it big enough for a seven seater.

Maybe the Freelander 3 will end up as the seven seat small option like Disco 4 is the 7 seat big car option? And then keep Evoque the perfect proportions that it is now!

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
06-12-2011 03:58pm