Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Big Flaw in the Evoque
Coolbanana

RE: Big Flaw in the Evoque

(21-05-2012 05:20pm)cjfp Wrote:  I can understand the need for 4x4 for terrain issues, but speed is not required - haven't you seen all the documentaries on zombies - they can only go at walking speed and have to have their arms out straight in front of them Laughing

If they are anything like The Walking Dead variety then, yes, no probs. (Watch it but it irritates me as surely all you need is an armoured LR Defender and an automatic rifle and you can do as you please!)

The 28 Day's Later ones were a tad smarter and quicker though - gotta be ready to wake up one morning and find the neighbours wandering about in a slightly more disturbing fashion than they already do and grab the car keys and go! Hmmm, can see how calling out LR Assist in such a situation could be a little risky though...

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 05:41pm by Coolbanana.)
21-05-2012 05:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

(21-05-2012 05:40pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  If they are anything like The Walking Dead variety then, yes, no probs. (Watch it but it irritates me as surely all you need is an armoured LR Defender and an automatic rifle and you can do as you please!)

The 28 Day's Later ones were a tad smarter and quicker though - gotta be ready to wake up one morning and find the neighbours wandering about in a slightly more disturbing fashion than they already do and grab the car keys and go! Hmmm, can see how calling out LR Assist in such a situation could be a little risky though...

At the end of the day, as long as you can run faster than SWMBO then there shouldn't be an issue ... whoops, sorry did I trip you?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-05-2012 05:57pm
Griff449

I always opt for the spare but I do like an original spare ifnI can find one when they come up on Fleabay......... Spare to get me home change to the nice original and save a month or two for the replacement tyre!

Works for me anyways

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
21-05-2012 06:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

(21-05-2012 05:57pm)cjfp Wrote:  At the end of the day, as long as you can run faster than SWMBO then there shouldn't be an issue ... whoops, sorry did I trip you?

Very true...will remember that...CoolTwisted Evil

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
21-05-2012 06:39pm
WB
WB

Buy one of the cheap sets of Evoque wheels and tyres that come up regularly on ebay. Take off the tyres and sell the wheels on ebay Wink Hey presto a very cheap set of spare tyres... ta da.
21-05-2012 09:04pm
BTS18

(21-05-2012 04:37pm)zippy Wrote:  Well it started on Saturday when my wife came home from shopping . I looked out the window and saw that she had a flat tyre. My wife did not know that it was flat and she did not feel it when driving. I looked at the tyre and the outside edges of the tyre had been worn away (all be it a little bit just to take the writing off) also as I pressed the tyre I could hear the air exiting the tyre. I found the slit in the tyre and tried to pump it up at home (I have a compressor) but the slit was too big to get any air in to the tyre. We do not have the space saver Evil So the car is stuck at home which is lucky I guess. We have the 20" alloys and after getting on the phone we cant get a tyre as nobody carries them as they are made of GOLD thats what you would think when you get the price. We were quoted £408.00 fitted from Kwik Fit or should I say Kiwk Ripoff this was with the so called 25% off. My point is now if the tyre has a slit not a slow puncture then you are totally screwed as the goo fix will not sort that out so you are stuck in your car no spare and no way of moving your car unless you get help from Land Rover Assist. I am waiting now for a tyre to be delivered as I found a Michelin for £198.00 which is a super price . Without the space saver you are in trouble so I so wish that I had ordered one now but did not .The Space saver tyre is a must and Land Rover should have put then in from new and not fitted tyres to the 20" alloys made from GOLD. Guess what I will be buying.

Where abouts in London are you? I live in Surrey and have a space saver. You are welcome to Borrow my spare if it helps you out for a couple of days until you get a replacement. If the distance is too great maybe another forum member could assist you.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
21-05-2012 09:47pm
LDT

(21-05-2012 09:47pm)BTS18 Wrote:  Where abouts in London are you? I live in Surrey and have a space saver. You are welcome to Borrow my spare if it helps you out for a couple of days until you get a replacement. If the distance is too great maybe another forum member could assist you.

Great offer, really kind, made me smile. Smile

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
21-05-2012 09:51pm
PhilSkill

I saw the complete kit, space saver, jack and boot inserts on e-bay for 380.00!

Never understood why you cant just run away from zombies or mow them down in your car theyre so slow!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-05-2012 10:54pm
J77

Only on babyRR can you talk about a spare wheel and the best way to kill zombies in the same thread Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-05-2012 11:05pm
cjfp

What! There's talk about a spare wheel in this thread?! I'll have to take another look!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-05-2012 11:56pm