Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best place to go on an Evoque-based holiday?
dandavis1

Best place to go on an Evoque-based holiday?

I fancy a couple of weeks away abroad where I can have a nice relaxing holiday and go on a few nice drives. Any ideas welcome plus any advice about taking a car abroad.
30-11-2011 12:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: Best place to go on an Evoque-based holiday?

I would have suggested one of the scandinavian countries, fantastic scenery and very quiet roads. Only problem with that is it means getting a ferry over there. On the face of it, not a problem, but I've only done this once (to bring an Alfa in from Holland) and I couldn't believe how tight they packed the cars in. Couldn't relax at all as I was stressing about my lovely new car getting scratched or dented by the cars and people around it.
So if you want to relax I'd look at somewhere in mainland Europe where you could use the Eurostar.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
30-11-2011 12:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

West coast of Ireland - quiet roads, magic scenery and they drive on the proper side of the road! You need funny foreign bank notes which makes it feel as if you really are abroad and the locals speak a language that Brits cannot understand. Ferries are easily available from the west of Scotland so you don't have 2 days drive to Dover before you start your "foreign" holiday. There are also opportunities to go offroading as well should you fancy. Did I mention the beer and the great seafood ?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 11:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-02-2012 11:32pm
Craig_d1

(30-11-2011 12:30pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I fancy a couple of weeks away abroad where I can have a nice relaxing holiday and go on a few nice drives. Any ideas welcome plus any advice about taking a car abroad.

You've got some lovely drives on your doorstep in Scotland. However, driving through the austrian alps into Italian alps is a great trip. We camped out on the Italian side(dryer and more spartan in looks). Plenty of rocky roads to drive up into the mountains and the scenery is fantastic
06-02-2012 11:54pm
Big G

(06-02-2012 11:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  West coast of Ireland - quiet roads, magic scenery and they drive on the proper side of the road! You need funny foreign bank notes which makes it feel as if you really are abroad and the locals speak a language that Brits cannot understand. Ferries are easily available from the west of Scotland so you don't have 2 days drive to Dover before you start your "foreign" holiday. There are also opportunities to go offroading as well should you fancy. Did I mention the beer and the great seafood ?

And the People!Very Happy

Take a look at west cork , Kinsale or Kerry The ring of Beara
Fabulous. Apr/May or Sep is less busy but being the Wesht
As we say could be wet!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 08:26am by Big G.)
07-02-2012 08:18am
Pommyboi

(30-11-2011 12:30pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I fancy a couple of weeks away abroad where I can have a nice relaxing holiday and go on a few nice drives. Any ideas welcome plus any advice about taking a car abroad.

You didn't say what time of year you want to go?

It might be worth looking for a book about great drives in the country you decide to go to. I have a book for driving routes in France that I'm planning to use just to get me off the beaten track and make sure I don't miss the vineyards and champagne houses. Very Happy

That will be in August and of course that depends on the car arriving on time.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
07-02-2012 08:46am