Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battery time done records (No trickle charger)
benzina

Battery time done records (No trickle charger)

7 Weeks no worries!
This is a positive thread on seeing what record times members have experienced leaving the Evoque sitting locked up (double locked) for an extended period of time, without the assistance of a battery trickle charger, and then starting immediately as normal.

Just got back from 7 weeks holiday, leaving the Evoque sitting (double locked) in the garage the whole time without a trickle charger, and it simply unlocked and started as though i have never been away. I was super impressed, after being initially concerned not knowing what to expect.

Seriously, it just did'nt hesitate in the slightest!...this put a little smile on my face,and i gave it a gentle tap on the the dash in appreciative acknowledgment of a job well done!

For those without battery issues, this thread will be helpful in giving an general indication of how long you can reasonably leave your Evoque sitting around locked up without a trickle charger. Lets hear your time done experiences.

Edit : Please Note
list information as follows....
(1) Battery Time Done?
(2) Climate & Average temperatures?
(3) Start-up response?
(4) Was it Double Locked?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 06:58am by benzina.)
29-07-2013 01:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Battery time done records (No trickle charger)

Good news Benzina, Was that double locked (with the beep) or single locked?

Obviously the warmer temperatures will help restarting (even if it's your winter... what temps are you at) , needing a lot less from the Battery, but if there was no slowness in the starting crank, that's good news!

Longest I've left mine is 10 days, and never had any issues, and that's with the origional software before any upgrades.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-07-2013 01:58pm
benzina

Cheers PhilSkill...yep that was double locked (with the beep), as i had read somewhere it helps with hibernation, and basically puts the car in sleep mode.
Good point on mentioning the season & temperatures.....it's two thirds into winter here, with average temperatures ranging from 3 - 18 deg cel (10 deg cel when i started it this morning).
I've never had any issues with the battery either,and thus no software updates needed.

Honestly, it just started absolutely instantly,full power, and no slowness of crank in the slightest, like i had never been away at all.... Amazing!!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 07:01am by benzina.)
29-07-2013 02:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mine has now been unmoved until today since 6th June. My brother drove it today and had to advise the tracking company as they wanted to do a software upgrade tat can only be done with the car's engine running. He told me it started first press of the button, no hesitation and it hasn't been on a trickle charger either this time

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-07-2013 04:04pm
benzina

Uncanny!! thats just about the same amount of time as mine Tim... To be precise, i had mine sitting from June 4 - July 29.

Now...we need to hear of more experimenters, so we can see how far this thing can get out to starting up instantly on first press, and it's good that we have established a big 7 weeks as no worries at all.

(This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 03:37am by benzina.)
31-07-2013 03:36am
Amadeus

Left mine 3 weeks in my garage untouched and started perfectly first time. Did a voltage check on the battery prior and it was fully charged so didn't expect any dramas.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
31-07-2013 03:46am