Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Awesome snow performance
DT

RE: Awesome snow performance

Hey guys, Don't drag the forum down with traded football insults please! You can do that on BT YAHOO home page. (Thats where I do it)
05-02-2012 12:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wicksy

(04-02-2012 11:11pm)Acwats Wrote:  Travelled back to Shropshire from stoke today (after watching Sunderland win again). The car was brilliant, I've never owned 4wd before but the Evoque was great. M54 and a5 both blocked so I used the back b roads. Felt a bit guilty passing people who were stuck but I didn't have time to push them all. Mine is on Pirelli Scorpion verde all season m+s tyres. Love it, if I'd have gone in the 5er I'd still be in stoke
I travelled back up north after the match too - the Evoque performed admirably (almost as well as the Lads)Smile and never looked like getting into any kind of bother despite some of the worst conditions I've ever driven in.
05-02-2012 12:57pm
upstoke

(04-02-2012 11:11pm)Acwats Wrote:  Travelled back to Shropshire from stoke today (after watching Sunderland win again). The car was brilliant, I've never owned 4wd before but the Evoque was great. M54 and a5 both blocked so I used the back b roads. Felt a bit guilty passing people who were stuck but I didn't have time to push them all. Mine is on Pirelli Scorpion verde all season m+s tyres. Love it, if I'd have gone in the 5er I'd still be in stoke

Travelled back in snow yesterday having watched Stoke lose to Sunderland and referee. Evoque being delivered on Tuesday, probabley after tbe snow has melted.Had no problem in snow in Skoda vrs with Autosocs, left bloke in X5 struggling for grip.
05-02-2012 02:01pm
abcya

At my LR Experience day the instructor explained that DSC is reduced when in mud & snow mode for the very reasons XFFTim mentioned. Not convinced you need turn anything on/off bar the mud/snow mode when driving in 'south-east snow'
Had a drive in it this morning and found it worked very well on the snowier roads.
NB wearing the 20" Michelins that it came in I.e. not snow tyres

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
05-02-2012 03:03pm
forest172

I actually found my evoque easier to drive in deep snow this morning than the disco4. Just felt more nimble due to the weight difference between the cars. Very very impressed so far. Traction from the verde all seasons was fantastic mixed in with the evoques computers.

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
05-02-2012 03:19pm
mark_n

I'm impressed too. Took it down some narrow snow covered country lanes here in the Cotswolds this morning, really excellent and HDC is a marvel on stepp descents. Just set your speed and let the car find its way down.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-02-2012 03:37pm
Evo-king

Mark, I didn't realise you had the self steering option, thought that was only fitted to LR Experience models.WinkSnigger

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 10:11pm by Evo-king.)
05-02-2012 10:10pm
mark_n

Ah yes, it's an undocumented feature! Seriously, the HDC is impressive, use the cruise control buttons to set your target speed and the car tightens as you enter the incline. Very impressed and more and more, the car exudes a feel-good factor when I'm driving.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-02-2012 10:58am
alibeau

(06-02-2012 10:58am)mark_n Wrote:  Ah yes, it's an undocumented feature! Seriously, the HDC is impressive, use the cruise control buttons to set your target speed and the car tightens as you enter the incline. Very impressed and more and more, the car exudes a feel-good factor when I'm driving.

On our LR Experience day we used the HDC on a muddy slippy track, although we slowed the car down to the minimum speed (5mph? IIRC) it just felt SO fast, the guy said that we should just trust the car!!!! Shocked

No snow up here in miserable rainy North Wales so haven't had a chance to try it yet, not that I am in a rush to!

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
06-02-2012 11:08am
dandavis1

Anyone know what the snow setting on the AD actually does?
06-02-2012 09:01pm