Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auxillary Battery Voltage
owencardew

Auxillary Battery Voltage

Hi,

Could anyone savvy with their Evoque possibly check the voltage on their Auxillary Battery situated kind of below/behind their glovebox?

I have an inkling my issues with my Evoque could have something to do with this battery...

When the car is switched off, my Auxillary Battery shows 12.02V...

Appreciated!

MY12 Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic - working on Facelift to 2016.
03-08-2016 08:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Auxillary Battery Voltage

What voltage would you expect when switched off from a 12v battery?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-08-2016 11:34pm
owencardew

According to Topix an Evoque requires a minimum of 12.5V to not record a Low Voltage Error. So if the voltage is at 12.02V it is below that threshold. Hence why I asked what Voltage other peoples Auxiliary Batteries are showing as a method of deducing a dud Aux Battery and understanding the variation in other peoples batteries.

03-08-2016 11:48pm
xoz

3 times my12 was at the dealers because Start/stop function wasn't working. Twice they checked the auxiliary battery, it read ok. 3rd time they decided to replace it. Start/ Stop now works perfectly.

MY12 SD4 Coupe Fiji White. Manual
04-08-2016 12:07am
PhilSkill

12.0v is pretty much dead/ empty, you should see 12.4v up to ideally 12.8v particularly if just run,

some have disconnected their Aux Battery to disable S/S.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
04-08-2016 12:29am
owencardew

I dont have the Stop/Start function on my Evoque however it seems that battery has something to so with the transmission because this guy in florida had the exact same problem i have been having except the leads on mine are still connected hence why i think the battery is dead...

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...rning.html

@Philskill, i have just seen your post about Stop Start disabling - this is not that small battery next to the main battery. It is a smaller battery situated behind the glovebox about the size of a box of cigarettes...

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 05:29am by owencardew.)
04-08-2016 04:54am
owencardew

[Image: 20160803_211917.jpg]

This is the Auxiliary Battery I am talking about - not much bigger than a box of cigarettes, and is situated behind the glovebox but accessible via the footwell. From the diagrams I looked at yesterday, it seems this unit is responsible for the TCM and the GSM Modules.

As of this morning before starting the car for its first time today, the voltage was at 11.97V - probably too low and the reason for the error on my dash.. makes sense that once you start the car and drive it around a bit, it charges up, and the fault goes away...

04-08-2016 06:27am
PhilSkill

Ah, ok wasn't aware of that battery... did wonder when you said below/behind glovebox.

Under 12v is not sounding good, guess no harm in replacing it and seeing if that solves your issue, given it's done 4 years, probably be all the better for replacement anyway.

Not liking having so many batteries on modern cars, life span of batteries is notorious.

04-08-2016 08:56am
Steve D

Do they all have that battery? What will still be live when the main battery is disconnected?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
04-08-2016 08:59am
xoz

(04-08-2016 04:54am)owencardew Wrote:  I dont have the Stop/Start function on my Evoque however it seems that battery has something to so with the transmission because this guy in florida had the exact same problem i have been having except the leads on mine are still connected hence why i think the battery is dead...

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...rning.html

@Philskill, i have just seen your post about Stop Start disabling - this is not that small battery next to the main battery. It is a smaller battery situated behind the glovebox about the size of a box of cigarettes...

I honestly thought Start / Stop was standard on all models especially Dynamic.?
Learn something every day from this Forum.

MY12 SD4 Coupe Fiji White. Manual
04-08-2016 10:59am