Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auxillary Battery Voltage
owencardew

RE: Auxillary Battery Voltage

(04-08-2016 10:59am)xoz Wrote:  I honestly thought Start / Stop was standard on all models especially Dynamic.?
Learn something every day from this Forum.

Not on South African Spec... I don't have an ECO Button anywhere!

(04-08-2016 08:59am)Steve D Wrote:  Do they all have that battery? What will still be live when the main battery is disconnected?

I was looking for a Stop/Start battery when i found this one... so far, it seems this one is involved with the GSM and TCM...

Maybe check if yours has it too... mine was easy to see from the footwell under the glovebox (RHD Model)...

Here it is on the exploded view:

I wonder how many people didn't know this was there...

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-08-04%20at%2013.01.35.png]

MY12 Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic - working on Facelift to 2016.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 12:05pm by owencardew.)
04-08-2016 11:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

(04-08-2016 10:59am)xoz Wrote:  I honestly thought Start / Stop was standard on all models especially Dynamic.?
Learn something every day from this Forum.

No stop/start or Eco button on mine.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
04-08-2016 12:17pm
owencardew

Just a quick one to let anyone interested know that I replaced the Auxiliary Battery and Module, and the problem is now gone. It is not the Eco Stop/Start Battery, it is a very small Auxiliary Battery hidden behind the Glovebox.

Cheers.

MY12 Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic - working on Facelift to 2016.
08-08-2016 07:07pm
Stilolos

My stop start hasn't worked in months. Worked perfect when I got the car eventually it seemed to work when it wanted then stopped altogether. I find that it works again after a very long motorway drive then a restart of the engine. Would this be a charging problem or aux battery issue?

On a separate note, starting up the car sometimes brings a low battery warning then goes away instantly. However, sometimes it stops my electric tailgate from operating and so I have to lift manually but electric close still works.

My vehicle is a my14 dynamic lux and under warranty until July 17. Would this be claimable under warranty?

Cheers.
17-11-2016 12:56am
Barton Evoque

Mine the same now not worked properly for 12 months but if i go on a long journey it will then start to work once i guess the battery has charged up.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
17-11-2016 03:50pm
PhilSkill

(17-11-2016 12:56am)Stilolos Wrote:  My stop start hasn't worked in months. Worked perfect when I got the car eventually it seemed to work when it wanted then stopped altogether. I find that it works again after a very long motorway drive then a restart of the engine. Would this be a charging problem or aux battery issue?

On a separate note, starting up the car sometimes brings a low battery warning then goes away instantly. However, sometimes it stops my electric tailgate from operating and so I have to lift manually but electric close still works.

My vehicle is a my14 dynamic lux and under warranty until July 17. Would this be claimable under warranty?

Cheers.

Sounds like a battery ageing problem, mine works on and off for no reason I can really fathom, but if you are getting warning on the Dash appearing (Which I am not) I would get it back to the dealer under warranty and you may get a new Battery.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-11-2016 04:19pm
Stilolos

Cheers Phil, my vehicle is less than 3 years old and I didn't think batteries could go so soon. Only problem is, the battery warning is intermittent and only shows up occasionally. Also the dealer where I purchased my vehicle from is quite a drive away but are warranty claims available at any Land Rover dealership?
17-11-2016 04:37pm
PhilSkill

Yes any dealership can do warranty work. Worth getting it checked while under warranty.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-11-2016 05:55pm