Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Automatic gearbox
RangiLP

Automatic gearbox

Hello.
I have a couple of questions regarding the automatic gearbox.
1. If I use the gear selector paddles when in drive, the command shift returns to drive mode after a while. This period is not constant and I wonder what the criteria is for it to auto-return? (command shift is permanent when in sport).
2. Exactly what beside the gear changing is altered when in sport-mode steering, suspension etc?
3. And as Im no longer in sport-mode if I command shift, will other if altered return to normal?

Thanks.

Mauritius Blue Dynamic TD4 Automatic, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass All side and back, 20" Black Matt Alloy Wheel – Style 6 Cool
30-03-2013 07:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Automatic gearbox

1) Never noticed any difference
2) Nothing - the only thing that will remap anything is Dynamic Mode on the TR which will change the suspension and electronic power steering maps
3) If you are in sport mode then the car will stay in manual shift mode using the paddles until you reach the rev limit when it will shift up a gear automatically to protect the gearbox, nothing else should be changed whether you are in fully automatic mode (D) or in Sport Mode (S).
Which Evoque do you have = Prestige + Adapative Dynamics option or Dynamic

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2013 09:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-03-2013 09:38pm
RangiLP

Hi and thanks for replying.
I have the standard Dynamic version. So when does the/your commandshift auto return to D? The user manual does not seem to have this in details.
Do you also know if the two ways of returning to Sport mode from commandshift gives two different outcomes? Or is it just two different ways to end up with exactly the same result? One is to hold upshift paddle for one second and the other is to move the selector back to D then back to Sport mode.
Cheers Smile

Mauritius Blue Dynamic TD4 Automatic, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass All side and back, 20" Black Matt Alloy Wheel – Style 6 Cool
31-03-2013 12:02am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've never timed how long it takes but it's between 15 and 20 secs, possibly longer.
You are right those are the two ways to shift into Sport mode

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 12:11am by XFullFatTim.)
31-03-2013 12:10am
Bowl

According to TOPIx, 307-01

Temporary Manual Gear Selection

With the TCS in the 'D' position, manual mode can be directly accessed by the single action of operating one of the steering wheel paddle switches. This allows immediate, but temporary use of the shift paddles when the TCS is in 'D'. If continued use of manual mode is required, the TCS must be moved to the Sport 'S' position to enter permanent manual mode in the currently selected gear.

If the TCS remains in the 'D' position, temporary manual mode will be held while the driver is accelerating, decelerating, cornering or continuing to request shifts using the paddle switches. The transmission will revert back to automatic operation after a short period of driving at a steady speed. Alternatively, the upshift (+) paddle can be held for approximately 2 seconds to return to automatic mode in TCS position 'D'.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
31-03-2013 12:46pm
RangiLP

Nice reply Very Happy
Thank you so much and may I ask you for a link to the TOPIx?

31-03-2013 01:51pm
cjfp

You'll need to register ..

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/...lookupForm

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-03-2013 01:54pm