Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autobiography Ordered
MartinP

Autobiography Ordered

Well, after lots of deliberating, I have just placed an order for a new Evoque, Autobiography which I should receive by the end of March. I will be trading in my existing Evoque for this and one of the main drivers in going for the new car was the excellent trade in value I was given for this car. It will be three in May and have just over 50k miles on the clock. In the three years it has been faultless which was one of the main reasons for getting a new one.
My new spec is Kaikoura stone, tan interior, with options of HUD (and solar glass), lane departure warning, traffic sign recognition plus spare wheel. I have a few weeks to change the spec if I've missed anything.
All things considered I am quite excited now!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
11-01-2015 11:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

RE: Autobiography Ordered

Congrats. Looking forward to the pics
11-01-2015 11:56am
MartinP

Saw my first AB at a dealers yesterday. It was a Corris Grey with a black roof and it looked very nice. They also had a DS in Kaikoura in the showroom and that was proving extremely popular. Found it reassuring to see what I've ordered together under the same roof and it helped dispel the doubts I had!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
01-02-2015 08:26pm
Evogirl

Did you spec adaptive dynamics on your car. I find it hard to believe it's an option on the Autobiography and standard on the Dynamic
01-02-2015 09:05pm
MartinP

(01-02-2015 09:05pm)Evogirl Wrote:  Did you spec adaptive dynamics on your car. I find it hard to believe it's an option on the Autobiography and standard on the Dynamic

No. At least not yet! But agree that it's odd that it's not on as standard.

01-02-2015 09:59pm
Hiltonig

(01-02-2015 09:59pm)MartinP Wrote:  No. At least not yet! But agree that it's odd that it's not on as standard.

I did wonder if this was a must but I have to say having driven the car for the last few days I don't feel I am needing it, the ride is fine. My friend has a dynamic and did a bit of back to back testing at the weekend, ok it rolls slightly less in a corner, to be honest it's not the sort of car to chuck through the twistys.

Now acc is a must if you do a lot of motorway work, the hud is good too, however one thing I didn't think about is my sunglasses are polarised which means you can hardly see it. Hmm new sunglasses needed.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 07:39am by Hiltonig.)
02-02-2015 07:32am
MartinP

I'm similar to you as i don't use too many bendy routes so I think I will be leaving this off.
However I do do lots of motorway driving so I think I will need to spec the ACC.
So what are your thoughts Hiltonig having driven it over the weekend?

02-02-2015 01:34pm
Evogirl

Hope to see some photos soon.
02-02-2015 04:53pm
MartinP

(02-02-2015 04:53pm)Evogirl Wrote:  Hope to see some photos soon.

Yes will do Evogirl, but it's a few weeks off.
Hopefully Hiltonig will post some pics of his soon.

02-02-2015 07:54pm
The Valeter

(01-02-2015 09:05pm)Evogirl Wrote:  Did you spec adaptive dynamics on your car. I find it hard to believe it's an option on the Autobiography and standard on the Dynamic

Landrover want you to spend (even) more money.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-02-2015 11:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply